S-LCD6/3 settings for P1/C1 when you have no clue

EbobH

1 mW
I have an old e-Moto Ridge I have been in the process of refurbishing. I have a S06S controller, a KT-LCD6 display, and the PAS I have is a KT-V12L.

For some of the settings I have no clue.

The manual is here http://www.szktdz.com/upload/file/20170925/20170925143050_36764.pdf

For P1, it says...

P1 = motor gear reduction ratio× number of rotor magnet pieces

I have no idea how many rotor magnet pieces are inside the motor. Short of taking it apart and counting them, how important is it to get this accurate? It isn't clear to me what this does. Any place to start on typical number of magnets in an older 250W brushless direct drive hub motor?

For C1, it says ...

C1 is power-assist sensor and parameter select setting

There is a table with two columns.One has the header "KUNTENG power assist sensors" while the other has "KUNTENG V12 power assist sensors".

In the "KUNTENG power assist sensors" column there are rows for ...
- Forward 5 Signal
-- 00 Standard
-- 01 Lower
-- 02 Lowest
- Forward 8 Signal
-- 00 Higher
-- 01 Standard
-- 02 Lower
- Forward 10 Signal
-- 00 Highest
-- 01 Higher
-- 02 Standard

For the "KUNTENG V12 power assist sensors" column, there are rows of ...

- reverse 6 signal
-- 05 Standard
-- 06 Lower
-- 07 Lowest
- reverse 10 signal
-- 05 Higher
-- 06 Standard
-- 07 Lower
- reverse 12 signal
-- 05 Highest
-- 06 Higher
-- 07 Standard

Am I correct to assume I should be using the "KUNTENG V12 power assist sensors" column? If so, then at least I know I am down to 05,06 or 07.

After choosing one of those, there is an additional parameter called "pedal speed pulse signal" setting. It shows up in the place where the cadence display is on the screen. There is a bolded comment that says ...

C1 additional parameters should be set according to the speed
pulse signal of the power assisted sensor, otherwise, the
displayed cadence numerical value is not accurate.

I was thinking that should be a 12 since I have a 12 sensor KT-V12L, but then why wouldn't that entire column be the same?

I just went through this. Trying to find usable info without a degree in electrical engineering can be a challenge. My experience based on 1000 and 1500w DD (BLDC) hub motor LCD3 display and a KT controller, which should be similar to your setup.

For your P1, if it's set wrong your speedo will be out of whack. Try 23 or 46

RE: C1, my best bet is it's wanting to know how many magnets are on your PAS disk, and which way that disk is turning. I found (after trying them all) that correct "KUNTENG" settings and "KUNTENG V12" settings depended on which side of the crank you mounted the sensor, little else. Settings for just one side will work. If it's set wrong, your PAS won't work. On this latest bike, with the disk mounted on the right side of the bike, I found that the V12 settings worked, and noticed no difference which I chose.

Best of luck!

Thanks! I started with your suggestion and found something that is working. I can finally ride again! Well maybe after I get the brakes working.

Back