Servotester twistthrottle problem

I hope some of you can help. A wile back i made a twistthrottle, with the use og a servotester and a cheap electric twistthrottle, i guess many of you use this method. The servotester was connected to a turnigy 80a car esc, that was connected to a tomcat 180kv outrunner, for a long time i used this setup om my cargobike, this was working very well. The powersource was made of 150 18650 cells, 11,1v.

To get more power i bought a roxxy 120a 12s esc. But it seems to me that the throttle wont work properly with this esc. When the throtte is in 0% position the motor runs at full speed, but with the throttle twisted all the way, the motor stops. Seems like it is working backwards.

The esc is set to plane mode, with no brake or reverse. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Right now the bike runs 30km/h, i need 12s so i can go super sonic.

I tried the best english i could. Im from denmark
Have a nice day

Your pot has three pins, try soldering the wire from one pin to the other. but keep the one in the middle where it was.

There may be a way to change the programming to fix it, but I'm not familiar with that exact model.

Do you know if your throttle is a hall effect or resistor type?

I Will try switch the wires.
As far as i know, the throttle is 10k ohm. I have tried all settings on the esc

fechter said:
You can reverse the direction on a throttle pot, but not on a hall effect.

Maybe not electrically, but how about mechanically?

If the OP was lucky enough to have a two magnet hall sensor throttle, couldn't you just switch the magnets? Keeping the sides that point to the middle orientated the same...

Or with a single magnet, just flipping it end to end. :wink:

QTc5FA8.jpg

TommyCat said:
fechter said:
You can reverse the direction on a throttle pot, but not on a hall effect.

Maybe not electrically, but how about mechanically?

If the OP was lucky enough to have a two magnet hall sensor throttle, couldn't you just switch the magnets? Keeping the sides that point to the middle orientated the same...

Or with a single magnet, just flipping it end to end. :wink:

QTc5FA8.jpg

Yes, that is true, you could reverse a hall throttle, but not by simply swapping the wires.

In addition to flipping the magnets around, you could also just flip the hall sensor around and leave the magnets alone. It would do the same thing.

Back