How much Statorade for MXUS v3 3T

hias9

1 kW
How many milliliters of Statorade would you add to to a MXUS v3 3k 3T to have the best balance between increased heat conductivity and drag?

Will any silicone sealant do the job of keeping the Statorade inside?

You need about 4-5ml, and no you don't need to seal it because it'll stick to the magnets since it contains iron.

Adding more won't give you any additional benefits.

I've got a QS205 50H 3T and used the whole damn syringe. No problems with leaking or drag.

I read the directions, it said 5ml would do it but I figured the avg 500-1000w hub motor is much smaller in diameter and width. This motor weighs 2.5x as much as my last 1500w 600rpm ebay hub.

While the cover was off I slowly dragged the tip of the syringe around the mags basically letting them pull as much FF as it wanted while applying a tiny amount of pressure. Went around the circumference a few times until it was all gone.

I used some black silicone to reseal the cover after adding the FF.

Wouldn't the fluid leak at higher RPMs if it isn't sealed?

RPMs of my motor are going up to 1200rpm when riding downhill on the street.

Pretty sure you'd need to spin at a much higher speed than 1200 RPM to generate enough centrifugal force for the FF to let go of the magnets.

The only time I've heard about FF leaking out of a hub is when it's not applied correctly. Like dripping it in near the hubs center by the axle where there are no magnets to soak it up.

Back