Bafang BBSHD Hallsensor Error 08 "fixed", now controller problems?

Föppel

100 W
Hey Folks, i can need some help with my Bafang BBSHD problem(s).
After i replaced the Nylon Gear in the motor (peanutbutter), i put the Motor back together, and had a Hallsensor Error-code (08).

Motor did move the Chainwheel 1cm, than stopped, display showed Error code 08, peeping noise came from the controller while pulling the throttle.

after this, i opened the Motor again, hallsensors looked nice, also the the soldering on the
Hallsensor-Board (both, from the Sensors and the white JST-Connector) looked not that bad, but i resoldered them, to get sure. put everything back together, and the Sensor-Error 08 does not show again since this procedure. But the motor does not move, and still making this trange peep-Noise from the controller when pulling the throttle.

i also tryed to unplug just the black JST-Connector from the controller (it was a tip i found, if you have the 08 Error...)

...oh, and i checked every connection multiple times... not sure what to try next. Anyone a good idea?

the Hallsensor-Error is back.
I guess, the motor have to turn a little bit to detect the Error.
Last time when i was thinking i fixed it by resoldering the Hallsensor-Board, the motor was in a position wherer it doesnt move.
I turn the chainwheel backwards, to move all the gears inside to get the motor in a other position, and when i pulled the throttle, it moved 1cm, stopped and showed Error 08 again.

Does anyone know where to get a new Hallsensor-Board from? Would be nice to just swap out the whole thing and run it again.

My other option is to try to find the broken Sensor, and replace it. but not sure if my soldering skills are that good.

33932639bj.jpg

this was the first Problem, thats fixed by now...

33932652yh.jpg

the Hallsensorboard after resoldering

33932653zq.jpg

Hallsensorboard installed, sensors pointing downwards. the soldering of the right Hallsensor dont look that nice, will check this again, and try to replace the Hallsensors with some i have ordered some years ago with my first BMC-Hubmotor. They look allmost the same and would fit in the motor, but have different Numbers printed on.

SS41 hall sensor should work fine for that.

Err 08 indicates an invalid hall combination. You need to power the hall board and measure each signal line while moving the rotor to see if each signal is toggling between high and low.

Any chance the new halls were installed backward? I've never pulled the hall board off on one to look at it.

OK, found that bastard and removed him from the Board
33949590ml.jpg

Installed a new one... here on the foto the legs are naked, but i did some silicone on them when i installed it (no foto made at this time)
33949591ka.jpg

checked it, and everything workes
33949592zp.jpg

Testriding, after 1 Km i had a H8 Error again... (while pedaling at 20 km/h )
so i took the motor apart again, to check the Halls... again

oh, and i stripped the alloy-windings on this pedal... so 3 leg puller-Time
33949593gb.jpg

... i checked the Sensors again, and they all work fine.. i cleaned it with alcohol and put some silicon on the solderjoints on the backside to protect them (...?)
33949594ga.jpg

thats strange, the sensors are working nice, and for the 1 Km i testrided the Bike, it workd like new.
i will put anything back together and try again. dont know what to try next. anyone a idea?

Thanks, Föppel

Little update; problem not solved yet.

When i put everything apart and measure the halls, they are ok.
then i reassemble the Motor, and the bike runs for about 10min like its new.
after some time the motor beginns to stotter and shows error 08 again.

i tried to unplug the PAS-wires as well (again). this was recommendet as an easy fix if you have a throttle, but it doesnt effect the behavier on my motor.

Now im waiting for a new "Hallsensor-Board" from em3, hope that will fix my motor, if so, i still wouldnt know exactly why, but i think its the best chance i have.

thanks fechter for your tips, and also em3 for the good customer support. I try to solve the problem by myself, but at this point im just not electrician enough

There isn’t much to go wrong with the hall board but it is easy to replace. If you still have the same problem after that, the controller board is about the only thing left.

Back