Auto learn newb problems!!!

speedy1984

100 W
Hi guys,
Building my first ebike and as you would suspect im having the odd issue lol. So basically I cant seem to get the auto learn function wire to make the controller save the correct direction. The controller is a Annoy bike 4000watt 96v 100a unit. So motor spins backwards so I plug in the pink auto learn wire and the mxus v3 hub twitches in the correct forward direction. So I unplug the battery then the auto learn and plug batt back in and there is no change! Now I thought the hub was supposed to slowly rotate when in auto learn mode and when it stops then its time to unplug it. No matter how long I leave auto learn plugged in it does the twitch on plug in then nothing after that. Also have very poor throttle response and the hub does not always rotating when the throttle is twisted. As I have not got my final battery setup sorted ive just stuck three drill batts in series making over 60v.Tbh im not sure if this could be the cause of my problem? I was thinking the hub would need very little amps to turn it raised off the ground so as long as I had the volts the controller needed it would be fine. Ive tried both sets of fase wire in the hub btw also. Prob easy fix but if ya don't know ya just don't know lol. Cheers for any help :)

P.s ill get some build pics up toz if anyone is interested.

Yeah bud it does nothing. Even tried connecting wire after the motor is running and it cuts the motor off.

I'm betting the real problem is the one it always is, or almost. It won't learn because one or more wires to the motor have a poor contact.

This has made me go nearly crazy a few times, when trying to find the right phase and halls combo manually. You go through the combos quickly and easily, but never find the one that runs. By random chance, you have one poor contact at the moment you are checking the correct one. Three days later, :lol: you try again and find it nearly immediately.

I'd look hard at plugs, and every inch of wire, including where soldered to the board inside the new controller.

Hi bud,
Thx for the reply ill have a look today at all wires and report back.Cheers :)

Ok all hall wires look good as do the phase wire connections.Hall wires into the controller itself look fine also.When I connect the self learn wire I still only get a twitch and that's it.It does not rotate ect and will not allow any throttle when plugged in.Throttle only works half way round the full twist and mostly needs me to help get the hub spinning by hand first.I can hear the hub click inside (Like a switch) when throttle is applied but wont start spinning.Is it a combination of a cheap bad throttle and my old drill batts (63v)?Someone must of had the same problem surely.

Cheers

Sounds like not all 3 sensors are being registered. Must be either bad wiring or broken Hall Sensor.

Link for testing motor hall sensors...

http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/HallSensorTestingFinal.pdf

But 60 vdc is a long way from the required 90... Does your controller have a low voltage cut-out capability? Could it be interfering?

Thx guys I will check halls now.Also the controller is said to be able to run from 48v to 96v (Annoybike 4000watt version from Aliexpress)

Cheers

Ok all three hall wires work as they should. Also tested the phase wires once power is connected by shorting each of wire out on a diff colour wire it should make the motor harder to rotate. Tried every option of colour to colour and all three made motor act the same. So can I rule out bad hall/Phase wires you think?

Cheers

Really not sure what else I should check tbh :? I mean if its not the Phase or Hall wires lol

Well, no response to throttle when the learning wire is connected doesn't seem right.

It still sounds like the phases to sensors are not set correctly yet...

Perhaps the old fashioned way?

GsugRE9.jpg

Back