Tapping into 4.3v

speedy1984

100 W
Guys is it possible to just tap into the 4.3v power source on my controller that runs my throttle? I want to add (high motor brake) as an added safety feature switch and understand it just needs a low volt line connecting to the one line the high brake is on.
Cheers

I think you have the wrong idea about the High Voltage break line.

Most Controllers have a low voltage break line (usually 2 wires)
and some have high Voltage break lines for the 12V system break that is used on Motorcycles, Scooters etc.
I'm not 100% sure if 12V is the limit on the high line maybe you can use the full Battery pack Voltage, no clue honestly.
I never had the need to find out since all Controllers that I have seen have a low voltage break line.

If your Controller has regen then both break types should trigger it, if that doesn't happen then you need to solder some jumper on the Controller PCB.

Hi bud,
Yeah it has both high and low breaking.Im going to run low break (two wire) on a button to actual use when breaking.The high break will be on a switch only for added safety.Would much rather a low volt line on a switch on my handle bars if poss.Also no regen on this controller.

In that case, you can add the same low brake wires to the second switch also. Just solder two additional wires from the low brake wire output.

I made a little drawing just for you :wink:

Back