I really want to develop e-biking into something with a shared community knowledge, like 3d-printing or quadcopters.
What a pity the whole world has no more than two open-source motor controllers, both are too feeble for e-bikes.
I'm making my own e-bike on a custom built frame, middrive 8Kw motor and pulley-belt transmission and I need a horn/lights controller — why not make one =)
This is a work-in-process right now.
- 9x digital inputs
- an analog input for KTY83/84 temp sensor, other sensors would probably work too
- an analog input for brake hall sensor
- 3x optoisolated outputs which commutate 12-130V, all three have 1.6A fuses
- 3x 12V 1.6А outputs with 1.6A PTC fuses
- 1x 12V 4А output with stabilized current, this can drive a fan up to 12V 4A (4А PTC fuse)
- 2x 12V 4А outputs (4А PTC fuses)
- All outputs can be hardware-PWM-contolled
- Based on a Blue Pill stm32 board which should be bought separately from Aliexpress or eBay for ~2$
- Open firmware which can be updated via USB.
And, this thing requires an external 12V power source.
Uploaded first PCB version. Fits Gainta G0471 or Gainta G0471F aluminum enclosures.
I'll post updates with the build process. And pardon my English.