XLD Brainpower motor controller XunLiDa

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
caseylain   1 mW

1 mW

Re: XLD Brainpower motor controller XunLiDa

Post by caseylain » Aug 18 2020 4:03pm

If the motor is running poorly try using the self learning feature. It is 2 green wires. Connect them and turn on the controller. It will slowly spin the wheel till it has figured out the correct settings. When it starts spinning good, turn off the controller and unplug the green wires.

Also I just got one of these controllers off Amazon. Gonna wire it up today.

Edit: Got it wired up to my bike. For those who care you can use Alarm Power to hook up your lights. Also, at least on my model, there is a noticeable increase in speed from gear 2 to 3.

Also my controller is doing something weird. When I use the self learn wires to calibrate the controller, while learning it will spin the correct way (forward) but then when I disconnect the wires it and turn it back on, twisting the throttle causes it to go backward. Shorting the reverse function causes it to go forward... :lol:

atkforever   100 mW

100 mW

Post by atkforever » Aug 26 2020 4:57am

Hi guys, so I own a XLD Brainpower rated at 350w and a 12 magnets P.A.S (KT), this model :

It works with a throttle, but when I connect the P.A.S instead, the controller doesn't respond. are those controllers incompatible with magnet pedal assist sensors ?

thx

caddnima2   1 µW

1 µW

Post by caddnima2 » Sep 06 2020 10:40am

atkforever wrote:
Aug 26 2020 4:57am
Hi guys, so I own a XLD Brainpower rated at 350w and a 12 magnets P.A.S (KT), this model :

It works with a throttle, but when I connect the P.A.S instead, the controller doesn't respond. are those controllers incompatible with magnet pedal assist sensors ?

thx
Did you change the P10 settings?

Bane66   1 µW

1 µW

Post by Bane66 » Sep 11 2020 1:03pm

Hi. I'm using controller 1200w 45A limit. Setup is little different from that we see on the road. 60v battery with that xld controller, run an modified alternator, witch can handle up to 100v and 120A current. Everything is more than i suspect. Have some problem, mostly because of my lack of knowledge. For now I have only two questions. First: when driving, and xld hit current limit,...what is the manifestation on limiter? Those it cut the power or simply keep motor runing but deliver only amp below limit?
Second question : Alternator can achive high rpm, but, xld nicely rase rpm from almost 0, but goes to abouth 3500 - 4000 rpm and hit some limit. It doesn't meter is there a load or not on motor. Try'd with wires for selecting speed, and can get low speed. I notice with trotle pot that V goes from 0.8 to 3.8, but xld reaction is between 1.2 and 2.5. Everyting above 2.5 just doesn't change anything in speed.
I'm stuck with those problems, and have no clue what to do next.
Electronics is my hole life hoby, so there is no problem to mod xld (if that is possible).
Battery is 60v 20ah with very good bms.
Thanks guys 😊

DtiK   1 W

1 W

Post by DtiK » Oct 04 2020 8:24am

Bane66 wrote:
Sep 11 2020 1:03pm
Hi. I'm using controller 1200w 45A limit. Setup is little different from that we see on the road. 60v battery with that xld controller, run an modified alternator, witch can handle up to 100v and 120A current. Everything is more than i suspect. Have some problem, mostly because of my lack of knowledge. For now I have only two questions. First: when driving, and xld hit current limit,...what is the manifestation on limiter? Those it cut the power or simply keep motor runing but deliver only amp below limit?
Second question : Alternator can achive high rpm, but, xld nicely rase rpm from almost 0, but goes to abouth 3500 - 4000 rpm and hit some limit. It doesn't meter is there a load or not on motor. Try'd with wires for selecting speed, and can get low speed. I notice with trotle pot that V goes from 0.8 to 3.8, but xld reaction is between 1.2 and 2.5. Everyting above 2.5 just doesn't change anything in speed.
I'm stuck with those problems, and have no clue what to do next.
Electronics is my hole life hoby, so there is no problem to mod xld (if that is possible).
Battery is 60v 20ah with very good bms.
Thanks guys 😊
controller has 3 wire connector which has combinations, low speed, medium speed, high speed (unlimited). colors of wires are white, black, gray(?). I dont remember how they need to wire to get high speed. just test.

EDIT: explanation is in first page of thread.

DtiK   1 W

1 W

Post by DtiK » Oct 04 2020 8:30am

pavlik1 wrote:
Nov 12 2018 2:58am
Hello

Just to confirm when DS and X are connected, the regenerative braking is working. The brake is connected to the provided wires outside the box.

Thanks to philf for all the effort.
wow. thats valuable information. Thank you all!

edgefx1   100 µW

100 µW

Post by edgefx1 » Oct 11 2020 11:49am

so this is my controller from an ebay kit, from this thread i understand that connecting the X and DS will activate EBS or possibly regen braking. so i connected them with a button so i can turn the feature on and off, my throttle is a key ignition that displays the voltage, when the system is powered up, the voltage is static, when i throttle it the voltage drops, and when i activate ebs via the on off button, then hit the brakes, the voltage goes up by 1-3 volts roughly, until the bike has come to a stop. so my questions are,

1) there are 2 mystery connectors, a 3 pin and 4 pin, i believe the 3 pin to be PAS, but i have no idea what the 4 pin is can anyone help me figure it out?

2) it is also to my understanding that if i connected k1 to ground i will be telling the controller to give me low speed, and i fi connect k2 to ground i will be telling the controller to go at its fastest speed, and i fi leave it as is, i will be going medium speed? if this is correct, then if i were to add a button that or a switch that the shorts k1 or k2 or leaves it open, i will in theory have a speed control of some sorts?

thank you for any clarity anyone can provide, i must admits trying to figure out the pins and their purposes was a pretty fun experience, almost liek solving a puzzle lol
uppy.jpg
uppy.jpg (300.61 KiB) Viewed 461 times

Chintan_joey   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Chintan_joey » Oct 11 2020 1:04pm

edgefx1 wrote:so this is my controller from an ebay kit, from this thread i understand that connecting the X and DS will activate EBS or possibly regen braking. so i connected them with a button so i can turn the feature on and off, my throttle is a key ignition that displays the voltage, when the system is powered up, the voltage is static, when i throttle it the voltage drops, and when i activate ebs via the on off button, then hit the brakes, the voltage goes up by 1-3 volts roughly, until the bike has come to a stop. so my questions are,

1) there are 2 mystery connectors, a 3 pin and 4 pin, i believe the 3 pin to be PAS, but i have no idea what the 4 pin is can anyone help me figure it out?

2) it is also to my understanding that if i connected k1 to ground i will be telling the controller to give me low speed, and i fi connect k2 to ground i will be telling the controller to go at its fastest speed, and i fi leave it as is, i will be going medium speed? if this is correct, then if i were to add a button that or a switch that the shorts k1 or k2 or leaves it open, i will in theory have a speed control of some sorts?

thank you for any clarity anyone can provide, i must admits trying to figure out the pins and their purposes was a pretty fun experience, almost liek solving a puzzle lol
uppy.jpg
Not sure about the regen braking, I have yet to figure that out. About the speed controls, yes. If you short all 3 - low speed; leave everything disconnected - medium speed and keep the two cable connected- max speed.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

edgefx1   100 µW

100 µW

Post by edgefx1 » Oct 11 2020 4:58pm

Chintan_joey wrote:
Oct 11 2020 1:04pm
edgefx1 wrote:so this is my controller from an ebay kit, from this thread i understand that connecting the X and DS will activate EBS or possibly regen braking. so i connected them with a button so i can turn the feature on and off, my throttle is a key ignition that displays the voltage, when the system is powered up, the voltage is static, when i throttle it the voltage drops, and when i activate ebs via the on off button, then hit the brakes, the voltage goes up by 1-3 volts roughly, until the bike has come to a stop. so my questions are,

uppy.jpg
Not sure about the regen braking, I have yet to figure that out. About the speed controls, yes. If you short all 3 - low speed; leave everything disconnected - medium speed and keep the two cable connected- max speed.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

can you clarify just so im not mistaken, you said short all 3 together for low speed? as in connect k1, k2, and ground and for medium speed just leave the pins alone and do nothing, and for high speed, i connect k1 and k2, is that what you meant? cuz reading this thread i understood is vey very differently, i understood it a k1+gnd=low and k2+gnd=high, and medium is leave it as is...

when i connect x and ds i definitely see my voltage go up, but if that's recharging the battery, i dunno yet, cuz im still waiting for the official latch button to come in so i can solder it on permanently. i only tested the ebs function with a temp button, and from that temp button i can def confirm that ds+x=ebs, and there is a net positive current but if its going back in the battery or not i havent had the chance to try yet i will definitely let you guys know if it does though once it comes in, how ever there was a youtube video where the guy, using a smart bms, shows that it indeed recharges the battery when x and ds are connected though, heres the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gL5y96-GCo&t=176s

pullin-gs   100 W

100 W

Post by pullin-gs » Oct 12 2020 10:26pm

Some time ago several of us posted that we observed no difference in speed when we bridged high-speed wire vs leaving connection open. Has anyone figured out if there is a workaround or fix to get high-speed to actually work?
All three of my controllers only have two speeds....low works. Medium and high have no difference at all.

DtiK   1 W

1 W

Post by DtiK » Oct 13 2020 12:00pm

pullin-gs wrote:
Oct 12 2020 10:26pm
Some time ago several of us posted that we observed no difference in speed when we bridged high-speed wire vs leaving connection open. Has anyone figured out if there is a workaround or fix to get high-speed to actually work?
All three of my controllers only have two speeds....low works. Medium and high have no difference at all.
I really have working all 3 speeds. No any problem. There is noticeable difference when you run full throttle tire off ground. Can't remember which wires was connected to get high speed but isn't hard to figure. I did hide wires inside controller so can't check. Default mode, no connection was indeed medium speed. First page of thread suggests black to white for high speed.

edgefx1   100 µW

100 µW

Post by edgefx1 » Oct 14 2020 9:29am

so... does anyone know what that 4 pin that connects SD, 5V, GND, and SH does? im reluctant to think its a speed controller/throttle type of thing, but the 5v and sd seems similar to 4.3v and sd, or am i completely wrong about that :shock:

edgefx1   100 µW

100 µW

Post by edgefx1 » Oct 20 2020 8:36pm

DtiK wrote:
Oct 13 2020 12:00pm
pullin-gs wrote:
Oct 12 2020 10:26pm
I really have working all 3 speeds. No any problem. There is noticeable difference when you run full throttle tire off ground. Can't remember which wires was connected to get high speed but isn't hard to figure. I did hide wires inside controller so can't check. Default mode, no connection was indeed medium speed. First page of thread suggests black to white for high speed.
which ground did you use? i used the ground under k2 and k1, but i haven't noticed any difference in any speed be it low or high, i also try flipping the switch during throttling to see if i would get a slow down or a speed up i also didn't notice anything at all... maybe it needs to be grounded on a different pin?

caseylain   1 mW

1 mW

Post by caseylain » Oct 31 2020 11:24pm

Try testing the motor with no load on it. While riding my bike I can't tell any difference between medium and high, but when I flip the bike upside down and run the motor, the motor definitely speeds up going from medium to high. May be a torque issue.

Cajunrich   1 µW

1 µW

E10 Error Code

Post by Cajunrich » Jan 23 2021 3:10pm

Guys I have been fighting these controllers for months they were working for a while then I unhooked a wire and connected it wrong and got an E10 error VICANTEC sent me new controllers and new throttle and it worked for a while.

I still never had the proper diagram to connect it properly bc it is dual motors and now I’m getting E10 error code again which is a communication receive error.

If someone can help me I will pay! I have been after this Chinese company to help me and it’s crazy how bad the service is!

Do the brake cables have to be connected? Bc I didn’t want them and when I disconnected they brake lights and blinkers I started getting 1/2 battery readings.

I really need to start all over.....I have a mess here lol I have blown my power wires XT60’s x2 lol

Help help Thx
Attachments
C883ED97-23E9-46EA-AB70-633586C91EFA.jpeg
C883ED97-23E9-46EA-AB70-633586C91EFA.jpeg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 178 times
5E9AF78A-A394-4301-888B-4F57C57D81EB.jpeg
5E9AF78A-A394-4301-888B-4F57C57D81EB.jpeg (4.43 MiB) Viewed 178 times
22E660ED-F282-4ABD-8785-9CCF71328F4B.jpeg
22E660ED-F282-4ABD-8785-9CCF71328F4B.jpeg (4.26 MiB) Viewed 178 times
9DC69D3D-F802-4AAE-A06D-A03B7773D9E3.png
9DC69D3D-F802-4AAE-A06D-A03B7773D9E3.png (2.78 MiB) Viewed 178 times

trik125   1 µW

1 µW

Post by trik125 » Apr 08 2021 2:37pm

Hello everyone and congratulations for this beautiful forum. :)
I have a problem with the brainpower controller, bought a 36V 250W kit, but it only has throttle. I wanted to get a new controller with the LCD S866 but I can't get it to work.
The motor with its controller works (both with the PAS and with the accelerator), but with the new controller it does not work. there is ERROR 07... I did self-learning, checked the phases, checked the motor hall signals, checked the impedance of the MOSFETs ... everything seems ok, but it doesn't work, the wheel turns very slowly without force, even with full throttle or with the PAS. I put a video ... Do you know where I can be wrong? Thanks

brainpow.JPG
brainpow.JPG (60.12 KiB) Viewed 25 times
ommm.JPG
ommm.JPG (85.34 KiB) Viewed 25 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTKGgq0ijW8