PAS disable

Atron

1 mW
Hello i found some topics but can't really relate.. This "controller" doesn't have any screws.. It seems to be glued together.. I can separate the top snd bottom.. But slightly the glue seems to separate.. But its like something is still holding it together.. I hav an Apollo slim f12-1s bike.. Cant find anything usefull to disable pass.. How do i disengage PAS wire.. Most of it is in the chassis.. Can't find the connector everyone is describing.. Thanks for the help.

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_062506-1024x768.jpg
    IMG_20181013_062506-1024x768.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,626
  • IMG_20181013_062515-1024x768.jpg
    IMG_20181013_062515-1024x768.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,626
On mine that has a similar display, when you hit the mode button or maybe hold it until there are no led's lit (low, med, high) it puts it in throttle mode.

Only problem i don't have a separate throttle could the low med high buttons be used instead? Or even just on off button i don't care

No... but its possible the controller has a plug for a throttle. If you open things up a little to where you can see the plugs, if there is one you can just add a generic throttle.

So this is it.. Now what i also have an escoter throttle with green black and a red wire..

Attachments

• IMG_20181014_113344-600x1144.jpg
    IMG_20181014_113344-600x1144.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,576
  • IMG_20181014_113727-600x1200.jpg
    IMG_20181014_113727-600x1200.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,576
Can't make heads or tails every controller i look at has different color cables.. Can't find a diagram for mine..

If all you want to do is disable PAS, why not turn the ebike off using the display 's ON/OFF on the handlebar console? Does your bike also shut off when you squeeze the brake levers? You will see cables coming out of the levers if it does. If so, and if you just want to shut off PAS for low speed maneuvers, then lightly squeeze the brake pedals.

Connecting a throttle to a bike that doesn't have one is a different question. When posting pictures, it's easier if you orient the text so people don't have to turn the image sideways to read it. Your KT controller looks like it has two round cables in addition to the loose wire connectors.. Does one round cable go to the motor? Does the the other round cable go to the handlebar controls? When you removed the controller, did you unplug any of the plastic connectors, or were they always hanging free?

If the controller supports a throttle, there could be a three wire connector that was unused at the controller, but I think the throttle connection would be in the round cable that goes to the handlebars. What's on the other end of the round cable?

docw009 said:
If all you want to do is disable PAS, why not turn the ebike off using the display 's ON/OFF on the handlebar console? Does your bike also shut off when you squeeze the brake levers? You will see cables coming out of the levers if it does. If so, and if you just want to shut off PAS for low speed maneuvers, then lightly squeeze the brake pedals.

Connecting a throttle to a bike that doesn't have one is a different question. When posting pictures, it's easier if you orient the text so people don't have to turn the image sideways to read it. Your KT controller looks like it has two round cables in addition to the loose wire connectors.. Does one round cable go to the motor? Does the the other round cable go to the handlebar controls? When you removed the controller, did you unplug any of the plastic connectors, or were they always hanging free?

If the controller supports a throttle, there could be a three wire connector that was unused at the controller, but I think the throttle connection would be in the round cable that goes to the handlebars. What's on the other end of the round cable?

Ok first of let me apologize for not being clear i did not express myself correctly.. i would like to add the spare throttle i have to my existing ebike now as i see it one big round cable goes do the motor one to handle bar and the small round one goes to PAS sensor. When i removec the controller i did not unplug any plastic connector those two were already hanging free.. and are 2connectors with two wires each one orange and yellow and the other red and grey both of these were hanging free.. there is also a single one coming from the controller and going back into it.. its a single yellow one connected to a single black one.. that is preety much it

Attachments

• IMG_20181014_174338-600x1200.jpg
    IMG_20181014_174338-600x1200.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,559
Bummer.. I could be wrong but looks like adding a throttle isn't happening. Next step is finding a controller that will fit with a throttle plug... You could maybe hot wire something, but replacement controller might but simple and faster with the availability these days.

Damn it.. Also when i read the deacriprion on official website it said 60km range pedelec.. 40km range throttle.. And yes.. No throttle.. Ugh otherwise the bake is great wouldn't change it

Trace the round cable that goes to your controls. Here's one from a KT controller. It has one plug for the display, two for ebrakes, and a fourth for the throttle. Perhaps there is an unused plug for a throttle.

I always wondered if that "Speed Set: 1-4.2V" on the label refers to throttle level.

Attachments

• P1070638.jpg
    P1070638.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,539
From what im seeing.. All plugs seem to be filled.. Somehow doubt it they would hide it in the chassis.. Jus a question though.. Im most probably not gonna do it.. But if i were to wire the pas wires to the throttle.. There are 3 pins in the plug could that work? Just a thought.. Im ofcourse talking the pas cables that go to the controler could i burn or damage something if i were to try that?

Technically pas is 4,5v signal and grnd correct? Same as throttle.. Only throttle is 5v

No on the PAS hotwire... It wants a pulsating signal from the magnets going past the sensor that the controller turns into a speed, on most of them anyway. You could maybe build an emulator that sends out a pulsing signal when you push a button with Arduino or something if you're into coding.

docw009 said:
Trace the round cable that goes to your controls. Here's one from a KT controller. It has one plug for the display, two for ebrakes, and a fourth for the throttle. Perhaps there is an unused plug for a throttle.

I always wondered if that "Speed Set: 1-4.2V" on the label refers to throttle level.

It means the throttle doesn't come on until it's letting 1.4v thru the signal wire so stray low voltage doesn't start the motor... And cuts off above 4.2v to keep a short circuit that sends the full 5v from the source voltage into the signal wire from making the motor go.

Another one bites the dust.. Next would be to open controler to se if it has anything on the board.. What about those markings.. Letter barely visible on the connector hxh one one side an 32on the other xhx on one 66on the other, anythinh meaningful?

I agree it's worth opening the controller and looking at the board to see if there is a throttle connection there. Older ones all have it but I've see more newer ones that appear to just take serial data from the display. A new controller (made for a throttle) is pretty cheap.

Theese would appear to be the only free spots one four holes one two holes i can see some letters near the one with four holes.. Thats it i guess

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_140820-600x1200.jpg
    IMG_20181015_140820-600x1200.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,490
  • IMG_20181015_140836-600x1200.jpg
    IMG_20181015_140836-600x1200.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,490
Also.. What could those two plugs with two wires be for? The ones a couple of posts up

Just a guess, but maybe brake cutoffs? But they're usually the same color tho... I'm wondering what the white and orange wires that are disconnected inside the controller?

They might just been unused wires in the bundle... Sometimes your have say a 6 wire in a sheath but you only use 5, one just sits it there never connected in the first place..

I looked at two KT controllers I have, but I didn't want to disturb my wires. (I have a broken one somewhere, but cannot find it). Their throttle wires are at the front of the board, underneath the jumble of wires coming in.

There are three wires; 4.5V, ground, and signal. I couldn't see if they were labeled.

Here's a pic of the back of mine. Second from last pad on bottom is throttle input.

Attachments

• input.jpg
    input.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,471
So.. Here i am.. What do you think its a kte 6s3 d

Attachments

• IMG_20181017_210008-768x1024.jpg
    IMG_20181017_210008-768x1024.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,437
Back