Throttle Issue

Hello
I'm trouble shooting a Cycles Maximus trike, http://www.cyclesmaximus.com/TractionDrive.htm. It seems that when you run the throttle full for say 30sec when you release the controller stops working, no more throttle response. Once you power cycle it starts again. I'm wondering if this is something programmed into the controller? It is the Curtis 1204m-5302. Also I noted that the system is 24V but the controller is a 36-48V version. I could see this causing issues with excessive current draw but the reason I'm thinking its a program issue is because the throttle doesn't cut out while you're on it, only after it is released.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

"System is 24v" - Does that include the battery? If so, you could be dropping below the LVC built into the controller?

Nothing getting hot as far as air can tell, at least externally. It does it from completely cold after 30sec of throttle and works again after power cycle. And like I said it doesn’t cut out while running. Only after I let off the throttle it stops responding.

Something in the Regen settings maybe? It's sometimes set to Regen automatically after the throttle is released for scooters, and maybe it doesn't know what to do after that?

The only other thing that comes to mind is if the throttle signal voltage is really close to the threshold where it triggers a fault at zero throttle for being too low, but only after being used for a while. The fix for this would be to add a little resistance in series with the throttle ground wire. Somewhere around 100 ohms would be in the ballpark.

Back