KT-LCD5 malfunction?

Ken Kesler

1 µW
My KT-LCD5 display unit used to work just fine. Apparently I messed something up because now the top line (TM) flashes and I can't reset or change to any other display. Do I need a new display unit? controller? Thank you in advance.

i read somewhere that the flashing is a alarm function.
Probely your voltage is to low.
try to disconnect battery and/or recharge it

Thanks, but battery is fine. Seems I entered a locking code, which naturally I didn't realize until it was too late and code not recorded.

Hello all,

I have an issue with mi KT-LCD5 system, the throttle is not working and I cannot go through the options on the screen. I don't really know what happened and I didn't move any option more than resetting the distance and time counter.

Is there any option to hard reset that display?

I appreciate all the info that you guys can give me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Defm8804 said:
Hello all,

I have an issue with mi KT-LCD5 system, the throttle is not working and I cannot go through the options on the screen. I don't really know what happened and I didn't move any option more than resetting the distance and time counter.

Is there any option to hard reset that display?

I appreciate all the info that you guys can give me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

What are you using it on? Like is it stock firmware or open source? Start off by disconnecting it completely from power/data source.

I'm not sure, is the default display with the bike, I bought a qualisport Nemo and this device was with it.

I will try that.

Thank you

Regarding the locked display, they aren't that expensive if you aren't in too big a hurry.
http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo-s210048

Regarding the throttle not working, why do you believe that has anything to do with the display or it's settings? Have you already checked out the throttle and associated wiring?

AHicks said:
Regarding the locked display, they aren't that expensive if you aren't in too big a hurry.

Regarding the throttle not working, why do you believe that has anything to do with the display or it's settings? Have you already checked out the throttle and associated wiring?

I thought so because since it got deconfigured, the throttle is not working. I saw some videos and I found like it is asking me for a password that I've never set up. Stops in a screen with 3 numbers on the top and one of them is blinking.

I already disconnected it from the power source and still having the same issue.

What can I do?

Defm8804 said:
AHicks said:

I thought so because since it got deconfigured, the throttle is not working. I saw some videos and I found like it is asking me for a password that I've never set up. Stops in a screen with 3 numbers on the top and one of them is blinking.

I already disconnected it from the power source and still having the same issue.

What can I do?

Maybe look at section C9 and C10 in here: https://www.bizobike.com/uploads/5/7/0/9/57094291/handleiding-bizobike-kt-lcd3.pdf

It might just be asking for you to set a password, if you already did, maybe you can go to C10 and reset? What bike is this on, is it just generic KTLCD3?

Looks like otherwise you are SOL without an ST-Link V2 to restore firmware (or another KT-LCD3).

And I feel dumb because I didn't even know about the C settings on the stock KT-LCD3. I've been looking for how to set up the amperage on that for ages but my manuals don't show that and for some reason I didn't Google it.

I just realised I accidentally gave info for KT-LCD3 but the settings are the same for both screens.

Back