Programming APT AE96600 controller (update: NOT recommended, unstable program)

larsb

1 MW
I bought an APT AE96600 controller a while back but it's so huge i never used it. Now i have no working controller so my need is more critical :D
image.jpeg
:?: Anyone here has tried this controller and knows how to program it?
image.pngView attachment 1

It's got 36 FETs with 150v rating and it is HUGE. You won’t fit this on your bike..

controller is rated for high voltage (120V) and relatively low current (200A)—> it’s strength is more for high voltage applications with low kV motor like for overvolting a hub motor.

I need to know how hard it is to get it running with a new motor before making brackets etc.

User program has a million parameters so i assume it might be complicated.

I'm sure we can figure it out together if you post a bunch of pics of the changeable parameters.

Reading about the asi bac controllers and sevcons that seem to need months of trials to set up properly by experienced users and having tried the SFOC5 controller development makes me a bit humble.

Right now I'd rather buy a new controller than get stuck in a long term trial so i really want to get a verdict.

Is it a "plug and play" type controller once the normal parameters is set or is it the "doctors thesis" type, someone must know here at ES?
I know at least one user: LFP stated somewhere that he blew one up on the dyno :D

Hi Larsb
I've got one on my eeb frame with a 96v QS205 motor
It's easy to program and a really reliable controller.
Plug and play.
What do you need to know?

Jonno

Larsb
You're welcome....

It's not as difficult as it looks. You won't be using a lot of the connections as the controller also is designed for bigger applications such as cars, forklifts golf carts etc.

Jonno

Been lurking on here for over 5 year guess it's time to make an account lol I'm in the same boat have the apt 96600 have it roughly programmed not really dialed in the just right yet could probably help with one or 2 things could also do with some help am sure the wisdom from the users on hear might be able to help

I got it working, no issues at all and it's providing good efficiency. Now I want to set the field weakening so I am chasing advpower for an instruction manual. No success so far.

If any user has one in English or even Chinese then please upload it here :D

thanks, that's one more link.. i'm sure there is some logic to the menus, i just don't see it yet 8)

there are 14 steps for the current setting both in "protection" and "flux weakening" menu. I guess they are settings to 14 rpm steps from zero to max rpm set for the mode that is used. Since my motor is IPM it's tolerant to flux weakening so i'll try to set the steps with higher flux weakening than 50-80A. I guess this setting is for hub motor?

i wonder why 7 should be larger than 6 (apart that more flux weakening is needed at higher speed)?
why no current settings done higher than step 7 in the guide?
what does the "mode" setting do?
What do you think about my guess?

Yes more flux weakening would be needed at higher speeds
Mode is to show you which setting mode to apply your max rpm to I don't know how to change it tho it should be on 4

Mode is to show you which setting mode to apply your max rpm to I don't know how to change it tho it should be on 4

Are you guessing after reading jonnos files or do you really know this for a fact? I ask since it gives no understanding how the mode setting works.

Whoops didn't mean to spam the page phone glitched but no I knew that much before hand .know a bit but his info is good to have still figuring things out. do know how to fix a sticky throttle took me like 4hrs to figure it out tho :lol: my throttle would stay on for 2 or 3 seconds after I would stop accelerating was also having a problem where I would get max speed at like 80 90 percent throttle then die down at full throttle fixed that aswel but I would like to start labelling everything so it's obvious what it does like in sabvoton software you just hover the mouse over what ever your trying to change for a second and tells you what it does unlike the 30% of a manual that come with this other than getting extra info from the factory it's just a trial and error guessing game

Please press delete on each spam, has to be corrected to reduce the clutter.

My controller is in mode 5, not 4 so that's a question.
View attachment 1

I wonder if the setting on the flux weaken screen for startup speed min/low/high is rpm or something else.
What's there by default is really high to be rpm..
evdrive9.PNG

I am in contact with advpower now so i'll get some answers on the functions. They say that an english manual is being written but not ready. i'll believe it when i see it :D

There are what seems to be double settings in different screens for the same parameter.

I guess the controller can be used with basic functions or more detailed ones depending on if you switch a screen on in the "other" menu

I'll check if this is true tonight.

Will try delete spam and upload some pics of the settings on my controller later when I have access to a pc as the options aren't very easy to see on my phone

Would like to try build an index for what things do like what things like I'd ref1 ref 2 a ect actually mean and what units the measurements are actually in like I don't even know what degrees the motor ot actually are in are they degrees c or f ?

I don't even know what degrees the motor actually are in are they degrees c or f
it's in deg C as the controller temp reading vs outside temperature corresponds well in deg C.

I have done some trials tonight. At least some progress..

-Mode 5 is boost mode, seems like protection settings are ignored and max set phase current is delivered.

-Mode 4 is normal mode and settings from the "protection" screen is followed.

The different current steps are related to the rpms that is set for the mode:
I tried setting mode "4" speed to 2550rpm and then set a current increase from 100A to 300A at "Iqref 6" on the protection screen and the result is a change at roughly 1200 rpms.
image.jpeg
6step/13step=0,46 and 1200/2550=0,47 so they correlate quite well.

I can't get any flux weakening current readout even though i set it. Idref is always zero on the readout screen. Hmm.

larsb said:
Please press delete on each spam, has to be corrected to reduce the clutter.

My controller is in mode 5, not 4 so that's a question.
evdrive1.PNG

I wonder if the setting on the flux weaken screen for startup speed min/low/high is rpm or something else.
What's there by default is really high to be rpm..
evdrive9.PNG

I am in contact with advpower now so i'll get some answers on the functions. They say that an english manual is being written but not ready. i'll believe it when i see it :D

i cannot see a delete option only a edit option ?
my controller is on 4 im wondering can you change it ?
or is it set by the factory or software version?
and i was thinking the same i did set the startup to 64 rpm didnt notice any difference
would also believe it when i see it checked there website is under construction...

larsb said:
I don't even know what degrees the motor actually are in are they degrees c or f
it's in deg C as the controller temp reading vs outside temperature corresponds well in deg C.

that makes sense

I have done some trials tonight. At least some progress..

-Mode 5 is boost mode, seems like protection settings are ignored and max set phase current is delivered.

-Mode 4 is normal mode and settings from the "protection" screen is followed.

my setting are alot different on this page will have to compare when i upload some screenshots

The different current steps are related to the rpms that is set for the mode:
I tried setting mode "4" speed to 2550rpm and then set a current increase from 100A to 300A at "Iqref 6" on the protection screen and the result is a change at roughly 1200 rpms.
image.jpeg
6step/13step=0,46 and 1200/2550=0,47 so they correlate quite well.
my software also looks slightly different one or two option you have access to are locked for me like heavy load timeout and motor lock timeout
do you have access to the control settings mine are all locked and as of yet i have not been able to make this controller surpass my sabvoton 96120 which i think it should do with ease

larsb said:
I have access to all screens and settings, I think my values are different since i have played with them :D

To get boost mode you need to connect boost button to the correct cable.

lol they screwed me over gave me evdrivemanager v2.o.o.7b locked version obviously thats probably why im struggling to get over 100kph underload is hitting over 2krpm unloaded tho any chance you could upload your version of evdrivemanager ?
and will also connect my boost to minus 12 isnt it or will check the 30% manual that comes with it was also thinking that could be my problem

these are the ones i have it on played with some of them but can see the ones i dont have access to are grey am thinking could be in torque maybe not having boost enabled not sure but should be much faster than my 96120 and as of yet its not

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 15,206
  • 12.PNG
    12.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 15,197
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 15,197
  • Capture8.PNG
    Capture8.PNG
    7.3 KB · Views: 15,194
  • Capture13.PNG
    Capture13.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 15,194
  • Captures2.PNG
    Captures2.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 15,198
  • ev1.PNG
    ev1.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 15,201
I don't see any important parameters being grey for you. You could try setting all Iqref protection currents to 600A as a first check.

With a hub motor (?) and 600A you should get quite a kick..

I wonder about the hall position parameter. -105 degrees is strange. Is this confirmed for your motor?
Does motor get warm?

Hi Ammo1

Check pm and have fun :D

Back