Bafang BBS01 DPC14 Stuck on Startup Password

Maxid

100 mW
Hi guys,

it's been a while since I have last posted on here but I need your help with my new Bafang motor.
I bought a Kit brand new from China with a DPC14 (some call it 850C) display unit.
After riding it a couple of times I ordered a USB cable to tune the settings and used the pentoff tool to do so.
My problem now is that after disconnecting the USB cable and reconnecting the display it now asks for a password. The manual states that one can set a startup password in the menu, but I don't recall doing so and am now left with a screen that does not let me access by bike. I have tried the default dummy passwords (1919, 0000 and so on) without luck.
Is there something else I can do besides sitting in my garage and trying 9999 values manually? :cry:

Would be an expensive solution at half the price of the full kit sadly.
I was hoping for a way to update the firmware or something so that I can reset this thing to factory settings.

But sure if there is no other way then that's what I'll have to do.

eee291 said:
Buy a new LCD?

There might be a way. I found this post:
https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/ask-lunacycle/ask-a-question/4567-new-luna-dpc14-color-display?p=65127#post65127
maybe a firmware update can indeed help reset this thing.
Let's see if I can get a response from APT

Yes I did and 1919
in the end my uncle did a mistake when trying to enter the advanced settings and set the password to 2919 while I was away so i didn't know he changed something - lucky me he decided to try a couple combinations and it worked.

APT on the other hand was super unhelpful. I tried to get to the firmware files but they did not want to give them to me :(

Back