I'm looking for heavy duty rear hub thru axle 12x150mm 36H, where to buy.?

mati

10 mW
I'm not sure what brand to buy and hope I can get some help. Did try google but all I see is motor hub.
I need a rear heavy duty hub thru axle 12x150mm 36H,
I don't know what kind of heavy duty hub's people use, any fancy or expensive that do not break and will work.?

mati said:
I'm not sure what brand to buy and hope I can get some help. Did try google but all I see is motor hub.

Are you looking for a hub motor, or a regular mountain bike hub? And what do you mean by heavy duty?

ebikes.ca has a hub motor that can be supplied in 12mm thru-axle configuration, but only for 32 spokes.

The better availability of very strong rims in 32h than in 36h makes the difference almost irrelevant. For example, I use the following rim on my MTB, which is available in 32 hole but not 36 hole:
Velocity_Dually_Rim_800_533.jpg

Chalo said:
mati said:

Are you looking for a hub motor, or a regular mountain bike hub? And what do you mean by heavy duty?

ebikes.ca has a hub motor that can be supplied in 12mm thru-axle configuration, but only for 32 spokes.

The better availability of very strong rims in 32h than in 36h makes the difference almost irrelevant. For example, I use the following rim on my MTB, which is available in 32 hole but not 36 hole:
Velocity_Dually_Rim_800_533.jpg
Thank you Chalo :thumb:
I'm looking for regular mountain bike hub, I'm going to fit the hub to smprowheels and I will be driving something like 40mph.
So I was thinking it's need to be something good that's why I wrote heavy duty.
I did find a regular mountain bike hub, Hope Pro 4 Rear Hub, will this be good.?
https://www.hopetech.com/product/pro-4-150mm-rear-hub/#tech
What regular mountain bike hubs do people use with motor rims and a good speed.?

Motorcycle rims usually use 3mm spokes or larger. Bicycle hubs, cheap or expensive, are usually designed to use 2mm spokes. Drilling the spoke holes larger to receive thicker spokes will weaken the hub's flanges, and even before they are weakened they may not be suitable to withstand double their intended tension to work appropriately with 3mm spokes.

I recommend that you use thick washers or Belleville springs to reconcile 2mm spokes (4mm diameter spoke nipples) with the larger holes in motorcycle rims. That way you get the best structural integrity of both hub and rim, along with the better weight bearing capacity of thinner spokes.

For what it's worth, I have not come across any thru-axle MTB hubs that I would characterize as heavy duty, or even equal to the strength and durability of their 10mm axle counterparts. Cassette splines remain the same size no matter what axle you use. So the larger the axle you place in the middle, the less room there is for bearings and ratchet rings. The ratchet can be moved inboard of the cassette spline, but the bearings must stay there or lose all the advantages of a cassette hub over a threaded freewheel hub. So they'll necessarily be smaller and weaker than the bearings in normal 10mm axle hubs.

Back