Newbie bike build connectors advice

smaua

10 mW
Hi all! I'm trying to put together ebike bits I got from bmsbattery. Some wires don't seem to fit together, wonder if I could get some advice.
I got this controller:
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/721-s12sn-1000w-40a-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-ebike-kit.html

And the wheel/motor connector looks like
https://pasteboard.co/HM3RvOk.jpg

Guessing that needs to connect to the hall sensors and to the 3 bullet motor cables.
-anyone know what the motor type connector is called?
-do you think I could cut it off and just connect wires one by one with chocolate boxes? If so, wonder how to know which wire is which?
-otherwise how do you suggest I connect it up?

Another thing, I'm not sure what this yellow cable should connect to? https://pasteboard.co/HM3SeZQ.jpg

That's it for now still trying to figure it out.. Thanks!!

I tried looking for those type of connectors to allow me to disconnect to wheel for tire changes, but came up empty. I'm using an IP68 cable connector for the Hall wiring, and Andersen connectors for the phase wires.

Try searching ebay for "IP68 cable connector" and you might find something that lines up (although I gave up).

I think the yellow wire goes to the battery (+) to work the power display bars. I could be wrong, but I'm hooking up a throttle with similar wiring this weekend, so I'll see.

Convert the battery to controller connection to an anti spark XT90, buy a couple sets. BMS-Battery is famous for the connectors and wires being undersized. That multiple pin cable is good for frequent 20A, or...occasional 30A plus continuous 10A.

Keep that multi-pin for the halls. Open the motor and run thicker cable for the three fat motor phase wires.

BMSBattery forgot to send you the motor extension cable. It looks like this. It will allow you to connect the motor to your controller.Send them a pic and request it. It has come with every motor I've purchased from BMSBattery,

People like me prefer the 9 pin connector because it goes thru an axle nut and allow easier removal of the wheel. You could cut off the 9 pin connector and wire in whatever you want, but it's a tedious job. I've done the opposite, which is wiring in a 9 pin plug to a motor that didn't have one. Unless you have good stress relief, it just makes for a cable more susceptible to damage.

How big is the motor (watts) and do you plan to run 30A-40A to it?

eextension.jpg

Thanks everyone! In the end I diy'd it instead of waiting for a cable to come through the post. Kind of annoying that bmsbattery didn't send everything, doesn't make me wanna buy from them again. I wired in a long enough cable with chocolate boxes so it can be relaxed. Probably not the best idea but it was quick.

I guess one day I will take up the advice and rewire the thick motor cables with better ones.

I'm just so impacient to ride already, so many obstacles :)

How did it go with that throttle? Does it literally connect to the battery positive wire? at the same time as the controller is connected to it also?

E-HP said:
I tried looking for those type of connectors to allow me to disconnect to wheel for tire changes, but came up empty. I'm using an IP68 cable connector for the Hall wiring, and Andersen connectors for the phase wires.

Try searching ebay for "IP68 cable connector" and you might find something that lines up (although I gave up).

I think the yellow wire goes to the battery (+) to work the power display bars. I could be wrong, but I'm hooking up a throttle with similar wiring this weekend, so I'll see.

smaua said:
How did it go with that throttle? Does it literally connect to the battery positive wire? at the same time as the controller is connected to it also?

E-HP said:
Yup. When I was installing my watt meter, I pigtailed a few extra (+) connectors from the battery for future use (adding DC-DC converters for 12 V and 5 V for accessories), and used one of them for the throttle voltage display and it works great.

thx! so it needs to be converted in order to show the right info on the battery meter?

E-HP said:
smaua said:

E-HP said:
Yup. When I was installing my watt meter, I pigtailed a few extra (+) connectors from the battery for future use (adding DC-DC converters for 12 V and 5 V for accessories), and used one of them for the throttle voltage display and it works great.

smaua said:
thx! so it needs to be converted in order to show the right info on the battery meter?
to it also?
Not for mine, because mine has digital readout of actual volts. Yours may, since it depends on what voltage range it was designed for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back