Why do Fat-tires have higher rolling resistance?

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Why do Fat-tires have higher rolling resistance?

Post by Chalo » Feb 14 2019 1:12am

billvon wrote:
Feb 14 2019 12:50am
amberwolf wrote:
Feb 13 2019 2:48pm
Or just design the frame for hanging the panniers like that (There are some already around that do this, but I don't recall any FS ones)
That would be great. I'd love to find a frame like that (along with room for batteries down low.)
I can think of the Tout Terrain Panamericana. I'm not sure if it's still available, but it was an answer to the question we're discussing:
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Feb 14 2019 2:37am

And there's a bike here on ES somewhere that has it's front rack as part of the frame itself, cantilevered out over the front wheel (kinda like your cargo bike, Chalo), and also has a rear pannier frame or something like the Xtracycle type attachments, I cant' remember which. IIRC, it's a custom build by an ES member, but can't bring to mind who it might be.

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh » Feb 14 2019 4:48pm

1long akku
Kick down the barricades Listen what the kids say.
From time to time people change their minds But the Frock is here to stay.
I've seen it all from the bottom to the top Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.
Around the world or around the block Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.