CA faulty after LVC shutdown

Willow

10 kW
Please help.

A bike I recently finished for a friend, hit LVC whilst under full load... I'm suspecting by the BMS. At this point the Cycle Analyst also stopped functioning.

The Cycle Analyst stands alone, and uses a 3rd party shunt. For speed pickup I tapped a hall signal, and power is activated via the keyswitch - which also turns the controller on and off. (I have checked all wiring and continuity) The screen back-light appears, so it's getting power, but there is nothing on the screen.

Could the firmware of the CA been corrupted? or any other explanation or test to undertake??

thanks ES.

Don't know the answer , But I do put in a Request to you ... to Bump up your postie trike thread and add some new information.

I am sure there are many people who would like to make such a leaning trike, albiet with a longer wheelbase , more slack geometry , and a central motor driving a jackshaft so as to use sprockets and chains to drive both rear wheels , larger diameter wheels .

The leaning design is simple and If I lived in your area I would hire you to build one with the features I have listed above.

If the CA backlight turns on, but nothing appears on the display, there's two potential main issues:

--insufficient voltage to get past the LOW VOLTs limit (shutdown voltage), which is usually 15v if it's not changed in the CA setup. You can measure the voltage at the CA's battery + input to verify this one. WIth the SA version, it still uses the 6-pin JST (if not modified), so check the red-to-black pins on the CA side of that connector to measure it, to be sure the CA is actually getting the right voltage.

--internal regulator in the CA is not passing voltage as it should, so the backlight comes on but no voltage gets to the MCU/etc. If this is the case, there is an aux voltage input on the CA PCB that lets you use a different power supply (12v, for instance) to run the CA from. It'll still measure the battery voltage via the battery input wires, but its not powered by them anymore. (I had to do this with a CAv3 after I damaged it).

amberwolf said:
--internal regulator in the CA is not passing voltage as it should, so the backlight comes on but no voltage gets to the MCU/etc. If this is the case, there is an aux voltage input on the CA PCB that lets you use a different power supply (12v, for instance) to run the CA from. It'll still measure the battery voltage via the battery input wires, but its not powered by them anymore. (I had to do this with a CAv3 after I damaged it).

Thanks Mr. Wolf. This sounds a highly likely issue. Bike still charges and runs as normal.

Can the aux Voltage still be same as battery voltage (88v) ??

ScooterMan101 said:
Don't know the answer , But I do put in a Request to you ... to Bump up your postie trike thread and add some new information.

I am sure there are many people who would like to make such a leaning trike, albiet with a longer wheelbase , more slack geometry , and a central motor driving a jackshaft so as to use sprockets and chains to drive both rear wheels , larger diameter wheels .

The leaning design is simple and If I lived in your area I would hire you to build one with the features I have listed above.

Thanks Scoot.

I've done a second design based on the original concept... but much improved geometry and simplified suspension...check out my electric horsemen fb page for some renders. Certainly would be up for a re-design based on the specs though. Have a look at the WESLL suspension for a shaft-drive setup...Best tilting and suspension tech yet.

Back