BMS help for MJ1 cells

UKebiker

10 mW
Hello all,

I'm seeking a little advice on a BMS please. I have made booster packs, repair packs but never added a bms myself

I have two bikes. A hardtail with Bbs02b and a hybrid with a front hub xf07.

I also have 10s5p of welded up MJ1 cells from LG. There are balance wires pre soldered in but no BMS

I'd like a Bms that is relatively easy to fit for a newbie and can provide the 25a constant that the Bbs02b can ask (in practice I rarely pull more than 500/600w)

I am fairly handy with a soldering iron and can follow instructions!

I am, as handle says , UK based

Thank you ! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ? Or have said wrong thing in wrong place ?

Search for litech... They are retailers for bestech bms's. Thryhave hundreds of bms's to chose from, you can select a bms from whatever parameters you want.... Dimensions, amperage, voltage, switch, etc.

kdog said:
Search for litech... They are retailers for bestech bms's. Thryhave hundreds of bms's to chose from, you can select a bms from whatever parameters you want.... Dimensions, amperage, voltage, switch, etc.

Thank you. for your reply ! I can't help but think it's overkill for my relatively low power needs and especially as a UK based person

But shall do further research

Thanks again [emoji3]

Since Bestech has quite a range of types and specs, I'm not sure what's overkill.

I dont' know anything specific about any particular version of their stuff, but they are apparently quite popular. You can look them up in various forum posts and/or threads for others' results with them, and more info about them.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=bestech&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

There might be a UK-based supplier of BMSs too, but you'd probably have to do a UK-specific google search to find one, if they have a webpage. If they don't have a webpage to search for, it might require a phonebook "yellowpages" search (if they still print those, or at least have them online). That would likely be quite tedious. :(

Back