48/72V Brushless controller wiring diagram? *Please help*

trophix

10 mW
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if this question has been answered before but I'm new here and I'm trying to upgrade my controller for faster speed.

I have an ebike 48/72v controller that I bought from Ebay and I'm having trouble connecting it to my ebike. I connected the power cables(black and red) to the battery, motor wires(blue,green,yellow) to motor as well as the hall cables(5 wires) to the hall cables on the motor. Now I'm just having trouble connecting the rest of the wires on the controller especially the throttle wires. My throttle has 5 wires(Red,Black,Green,Blue,Yellow) but the throttle wire on the controller has only 3. I'd really appreciate the help.

This is the controller I bought....
s-l1600.jpg

And this is the throttle I bought...
s-l1600.jpg

Thank you

Hi Trophix,

After you verify :!: that the controllers throttle wires are Red-5vdc Black-0vdc (ground) and what looks to be blue for the sensor wire. I would think they would connect as follows...

The 3 throttle hall sensor wires (black connector) to controller 3 wire (white connector)... Red to Red, Black to Black, and Green to Blue.

The single Yellow would go to battery +.

The single blue wire would go to the E-door lock cable which I think to be the "ignition cable". (verify first) :!:

For more information on hall sensor throttles see this...

Regards,
T.C.

Hey Tommy! Thanks for replying back...

.... so should I still try your way?

Ok I’ll give that a try. What should I do than with the thin power cable black and red wire?

Hey I switched the wires and it worked! Now what what do I do with the rest of the wires on the controller? I have 2 brake handles with 2 wires each... how do I hook them up to the controller?

Thank you again I appreciate you helping me.😊

Your welcome, glad you got it going!

Both your brake wire pairs need to be wired in parallel with your low E-Brake controller connection wires. If each of your Brake switch wires are Red and Black... then tie all three Red wires together, and all three Black wires together.

The Low E-brakes is a low voltage (5vdc) low amperage electronic circuit that is actuated by connecting the wires going to the E-brake connector together.
Each hand brake contains a Normally Open switch which closes on brake operation. So when either brake is applied, the switch closes the circuit, actuating the E-brake. This should disable the power to the motor, and if the controller supports it, can enable regeneration.

Got it, thank you Tom!

I just MAX'd out my bike speed to 44mph by overvolting the 48v 1000w motor and 72v 1500w 42a controller with a 96v 10ah lipo battery. Is there a way I can get 50mph? Do I need a bigger battery or bigger controller with more amps?

Great news, glad to help!

The missing pieces to the speed question would be...
What amperage is your motor drawing now at WOT under full load? And what continuous amperage discharge is your battery/BMS rated at?

Yikes, 20 mph is fast enough for me! :lol:

Back