wiring issues

rtb

1 µW
I have replaced my controller but the wires don't quite match up can anyone tell me which wires to join to get power to the controller , i have attached an image of the new controller wiring diagram , its the anti theft part , my bike has a key switch with a yellow and red wire and this controller has a plug with red,green,blue
also my bike has an led display , i think i can bypass this to get me going but am not to sure
thank you

You should ask seller to get connection diagram and what to connect.

I think "electric door lock" might be same as power on and likely to be connected to battery plus. But if it is supposed to be connected to +5V instead and you connect full battery power then it will be smoke..

Ask them if it is +5v or full battery and what is power "ON" cable and how to connect anti theft wires.

Cheers

@tommycat: Ebrakes and ignition are not the same.. Maybe you meant the posts above in your thread?side note:I don't think it's correct to connect brake high to battery, it's a 5v logic signal, isn't it? will probably blow the controller if you do.

larsb said:
@tommycat: Ebrakes and ignition are not the same.. Maybe you linked the wrong post and meant the posts above in your thread?
I don't think it's correct to connect brake high to battery, it's a 5v logic signal, isn't it? will probably blow the controller if you do.
I believe he was equating e-door lock to ignition in that post, which I believe to be the case, at least with my controller. Both 5V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larsb said:
I've only had controllers with ignition switch at full battery voltage and i've had a few.
I think it's probably the cheapest solution to do it. Why do you say it's 5V? Want to bet me :D

Nope, I'll defer to your experience. The main point was the other post wasn't suggesting that ebrakes and ignition were the same, it was e-door lock and ignition.

larsb said:
You should ask seller to get connection diagram and what to connect.

This is excellent advice! Never start speculating until actual wiring diagrams are unavailible. Especially with maunufactures throwing different wire colors around.

larsb said:
... Maybe you meant the posts above in your thread?

Yes... I don't know why the link takes you to the bottom of the thread/ :?

larsb said:
I don't think it's correct to connect brake high to battery, it's a 5v logic signal, isn't it? will probably blow the controller if you do.

Was not talking about the high brake signal at all...
TommyCat said:
Both your brake wire pairs need to be wired in parallel with your low E-Brake controller connection wires.
The Low E-brakes is a low voltage (5vdc) low amperage electronic circuit that is actuated by connecting the wires going to the E-brake connector together.

but if you were too... the high brake signals I am familiar with are 12vdc input for the high brake. (Kelly KLS) As sometimes one will connect it in with a 12vdc brake light power for actuation. :idea: :)

E-HP said:
I believe he was equating e-door lock to ignition in that post, which I believe to be the case

Exactly, and other similarities too.

I saw what you mean now that i'm on a computer, you wrote to connect the single yellow wire on the throttle keyswitch circuit to battery plus, and i saw the single yellow wire to brake high on the controller side.

Well well, it's friday night after all, we can't be intelligent all the time :D

Back