Question on Crystalyte hub motor reassembly

I have a Crystalyte hub that needed repair of insulating jacket on thru axle wire set
No increase in size of bundle but I am having trouble getting the covering collar over the axle and wire bundle
This collar freely rotated, but the wiring groove in axle is not deep enough or positioned to make this go back easily
( or as easily as it came off)
? Anybody have tricks for getting this collar back on? or any discussion of its function or even necessity?
The collar didn't rotate once the axle is tightened, but I can't say I noticed it much before the repair.
I could see it protecting the wires from abrasion but am unsure of its function and any issues in its installation.
? can I remove it or cut a channel through it?

Any pointers toward ways to best identify the motor?
It is a little less than 10" in diameter and has a 34mm width over the spoke flanges
and is probably about 4 years + old

I couldn't locate reassembly tips

Attachments

• 20181115_150842_HDRb.jpg
    20181115_150842_HDRb.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 663
Any tips on this colllar's function and getting wires under it?
Thanks

I have a HX rear that needed a wire repair
and I cannot get the collar over the axle notch that contains the wires on the non drive side.
Has no disc brake mounts , just this collar that fits over the wires that then duck out though the dropout.
? Can I cut this collar in half and put a hoseclamp on it or notch it , spread it for reassembly?
The cut out in axle leaves no room for play
Also if I trash it can parts for these hubs be found?

Thanks
Also thanks for moving the repost from last month
The Moderators/Admin are appreciated profoundly

Sometimes , merely framing the question well is the biggest problem.
? any Cystalyte rebuilders out there who have advice ? It seems to be a problem that would not be rare
Though I can be rather dense :-(

Back