Troubleshooting question on 48v controller

yrubnab

1 µW
I am not educated in the nomenclature of electrical engineering by any means, just fyi.
I have a 36v battery wired into a DC 48v rated controller with a standard 3 wire throttle and a 1000 watt DC 2 phase motor. I can see a number of problems from the beginning because I had all of these parts already so they probably aren't compatible. Firstly; can I use a 48v controller for a 36v battery? Can I use a 1000 watt motor on a 36v battery somewhat efficiently?
The main thing is that I am getting the full 40.3 voltage from my battery on the controllers indicator, and getting a voltage from 1 to 5 on the throttle leads, but .07 volts from the motor leads. When i turn the throttle the motor leads voltage doesn't change at all. Could the battery be cutting off because its not rated for a 48v controller/ 1000 watt motor?
Any information would be really helpful.

Ahh i finally noticed the under voltage protection at 42 +/- .5 :lol: and my voltage was only 41

Good job figuring it out in 15 min.

Another potential problem would be the order of the phase wires. That might crop up if you add some voltage. Or get another cheap 36v controller. if you buy a controller, look for one that has self study, or self learning.

Back