Prodeco Phantom X2 folding bike

KEC

100 µW
Hi all,
I picked up this ebike without a battery or throttle. Problem I'm having is can't figure out the wires. Does someone have a wiring diagram or maybe help me with the wires?

KEC

Prodeco is your best bet for wiring diagrams.

Perhaps the original owner may still have the original battery; even if it's dead you can open it up to determine wiring.

If it didn't originally have a throttle, and just used PAS, you may have to change to a different controller to be able to add one.

If it originally had a throttle, the wires should still be there, so you can attach pictures of your bike and those wires, and someone may be able to help figure them out.

Here are a few pics of the controller that came with it. Came with no throttle and no battery. I have tried for two weeks to try and get help from Podeco Tech to no avail. So here I am now.. So the controller has a 9 pin Juliet plug with the power cord and I think the purple and black wires wire to the break cut oof , that leaves a Yellow , Blue , Red , and Green wires left. I know 3 of the Wires are to the throttle but notice there is no black wire coming from the controller. So what to do with the black wire from the throttle????

03000047.jpgHereView attachment 3 are a few pics of the controller that came with it. Came with no throttle and no battery. I have tried for two weeks to try and get help from Podeco Tech to no avail. So here I am now.. So the controller has a 9 pin Juliet plug with the power cord and I think the purple and black wires wire to the break cut oof , that leaves a Yellow , Blue , Red , and Green wires left. I know 3 of the Wires are to the throttle but notice there is no black wire coming from the controller. So what to do with the black wire from the throttle????0300004f.jpgView attachment 3View attachment 103000048.jpg0300004d.jpg

Well, the colors on the wiring harness might match the original throttle wire colors, but there's no reason they would match any other throttle (there is no "standard").

Commonly, from the throttle, red is 5v, and black is ground, and whatever is left is the throttle out signal, but those are not universal.

Some throttles also have a voltmeter on them, which would take battery voltage, which also could be any color wire. I don't like using that because if water gets in there it can kill both the controller and the throttle by shorting battery voltage to throttle signal or 5v.

Since you have the controller opened up, you can do a continuity test from the exposed end wires to the pads inside the controller, and see which wire in the harness goes to 5v, and which goes to ground, and if there is one that goes to battery voltage. The last one should then be the throttle signal.

If the wiring is wrong, it's possible to damage the throttle, and the controller, especially if there is a battery voltage wire. Damaging the controller is much less likely if there is no battery voltage wire, but it has happened to people before.

Back