About Cycle analyst

joamanya

1 mW
Hello, I´m considering buy my self a CA v3.0, but I have a few questions,

if the controller already has an internal shunt, would not the external added shunt (from CA) just ad a little more resistance to de circuit?

Then, at the V3.0 installation manual it say you just have to plug the throttle cable from the CA to the controller, but what about the CA connector with battery information and stuff? how is it going to know the power I´m using or my battery level?

Regards

joamanya said:
if the controller already has an internal shunt, would not the external added shunt (from CA) just ad a little more resistance to de circuit?
It's so small it's irrelevant.

Then, at the V3.0 installation manual it say you just have to plug the throttle cable from the CA to the controller, but what about the CA connector with battery information and stuff? how is it going to know the power I´m using or my battery level?
Depends. If you're using the external shunt, that's how it determines all that, and is what connects to the 6pin connector of teh CA.

If you're using the internal shunt of the controller, then it would need the 6pin CA connector on the controller (if it has one) plugged into the CA. THen you would need to determine the controller shunt's resistance and enter that into the CA setup.

Back