Controller questions

demonscythe

10 µW
Hello everyone. I'm new to ebikes in general and the forum so if this is the wrong place please point me in the right direction.
https://imgur.com/a/IBez2DK
I am curious what these wire points would be used for and if this controller has the ability to have regen braking enabled. I could not find any identifying information on the case or board to try to find a schematic so curious about probing the board. This is mostly an electronic learning exercise as I know buying a new programmable controller would be far cheaper and easier but I just want to probe around on this board as it is not in use so not worried and damaging it.
Thanks for any help.

One near the edge is the programming port for the controller.
The other one might enable regen (likely from the AR pin to the ground pin.)

It may be the round solder pads with the squiggles between it?

Here's mine...they were nice enough to spell it out in english as ABS.
40166224241_3cba9d88cb_b.jpg

I'm guessing its just to the left of your F6 and F7 solder pads...not on your keyboard...

The pad with the squiggles is labeled as LED on the opposite side of the the board so I don't think that would be it. If I'm testing voltage on the pins what should I expect to see? 3 or 5 volts maybe?

A lot of ebikes engage regen when the e-brake is applied. This is group of wires that head out to a connector that attaches to the brake lever where a switch is activated when the lever is pulled. On the cheaper controllers it is often a 3 pin connector. The wires are likely to be part of the cluster on the last two photos.

I was able to finally get the controller powered on and measure some voltage. The AR pin measures as the battery voltage. There is another pin SL that measures as 5v and is with a ground pin that is used to cut the power to the motor when the brakes are applied. There is a pin beside it labeled as SH so I am guessing those would be the signal low and high for brakes.

Back