plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
Post Reply
mostafahamoda   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 01 2019 10:51am

plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Post by mostafahamoda » Feb 01 2019 12:21pm

we worked in an AGV using a kelly controller KLS-4812S with QS-BLDC hub motor, the all wiring at the photo attached we connected them correctly and an 1-3 error for (LOW VOLTAGE) still appear and we checked the whole circuit to catch any fault but with no way.. anyone can help us with that.

also we tried a spare new motor and new controller with the same wiring when switch the power on, there's an initial torque that wraps motor for only half rev. which takes milliseconds and when change the value of Throttle, no change occurs although the green led is on and the red led detected the LOW VOLTAGE error for about one or two times and the green led retured on.

also we simulated with the kelly software and if anyone have some hints about the changing parameters, i'll be pleased with that

all the components shown is wiring including the resistor (1kohm but with no contactor), foot sw, brake sw, fuses and diodes except the hall sensor connection with motor

finally how we can check if the controller is fully damaged or not? or its only the leds break down?
Screenshot_1.png

User avatar
skeetab5780   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2332
Joined: Jun 15 2009 10:58pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Post by skeetab5780 » Feb 01 2019 2:04pm

What is your battery input voltage?

have you run the auto identification process?

mostafahamoda   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 01 2019 10:51am

Re: plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Post by mostafahamoda » Feb 01 2019 2:19pm

i tried a power supply with 24 Vdc and tried a batteries with voltages 70 Vdc
and yea the identification process is ready with value 85

mostafahamoda   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 01 2019 10:51am

Re: plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Post by mostafahamoda » Feb 01 2019 2:37pm

skeetab5780 wrote:
Feb 01 2019 2:04pm
What is your battery input voltage?

have you run the auto identification process?
i tried a power supply with 24 Vdc and tried a batteries with voltages 70 Vdc
and yea the identification process is ready with value 85

2WheelsMovesTheSoul   100 W

100 W
Posts: 183
Joined: Oct 17 2017 12:59pm

Re: plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Post by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul » Feb 01 2019 3:34pm

mostafahamoda wrote:
Feb 01 2019 2:19pm
i tried a power supply with 24 Vdc and tried a batteries with voltages 70 Vdc
and yea the identification process is ready with value 85
Umm.... this is not good. KLS-4812S is rated for 24v to 48v

Using a 70v battery may have :flame: damaged :flame: the controller. :( :( :(
Please do not use more than 60v. (48v nominal = 13s = 54.4v at full charge)

First let's see if the controller is damaged. Disconnect all wires, then

1. connect 24v power supply --- to B-/Black
2. connect 24v power supply +++ to B+/Red using resistor for 5 seconds
3. connect 24v power supply +++ to B+/Red
4. connect 24v power supply +++ (#7 PWR)

What happens?

You should see GREEN & RED light turn on when (#7/PWR) is connected.
GREEN should stay on.
RED should turn off after 1 or 2 seconds with NO flashes.

Using Bluetooth App or Serial cable, connect to controller, go to "AC Monitor" page/screen

What does Error Status say?

mostafahamoda   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 01 2019 10:51am

Re: plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Post by mostafahamoda » Feb 03 2019 1:56am

2WheelsMovesTheSoul wrote:
Feb 01 2019 3:34pm
mostafahamoda wrote:
Feb 01 2019 2:19pm
i tried a power supply with 24 Vdc and tried a batteries with voltages 70 Vdc
and yea the identification process is ready with value 85
Umm.... this is not good. KLS-4812S is rated for 24v to 48v

Using a 70v battery may have :flame: damaged :flame: the controller. :( :( :(
Please do not use more than 60v. (48v nominal = 13s = 54.4v at full charge)

First let's see if the controller is damaged. Disconnect all wires, then

1. connect 24v power supply --- to B-/Black
2. connect 24v power supply +++ to B+/Red using resistor for 5 seconds
3. connect 24v power supply +++ to B+/Red
4. connect 24v power supply +++ (#7 PWR)

What happens?

You should see GREEN & RED light turn on when (#7/PWR) is connected.
GREEN should stay on.
RED should turn off after 1 or 2 seconds with NO flashes.

Using Bluetooth App or Serial cable, connect to controller, go to "AC Monitor" page/screen

What does Error Status say?
It gaves me nothing, thinken it’s damaged
If there’s a solution to to repair it??

2WheelsMovesTheSoul   100 W

100 W
Posts: 183
Joined: Oct 17 2017 12:59pm

Re: plz HELP!!!! for my kelly controller KLS-S

Post by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul » Feb 04 2019 10:17am

Contact Fany directly at:
sales@kelly-controls.com

Post Reply