Phase Runner - Communication Fail - Now Sorted

Storapa

100 W
Hi folks,

I'm trying to set up my Phase Runner. When I try to write the setting from my PC to the Phase Runner I get the following error message:-

Communication fail. Could not write parameter(s) requested. Error code: 0 Unknown error.

I'm using the same cable that i use to communicate with the CA V3 on the bike, and it works fine.

Any thoughts? I've run,out of ideas.

Cheers,

Darren.

Right Folks,

I finally got the PC to talk to the Phase Runner. I had to disconnect my CA for some reason. Anybody else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

I've been running the bike with a Mac 8t, Thun BB and an Infinion controller with no issues. I was hoping that the Phase Runner would be a fairly straight forward swap. I'm struggling with this one at the moment.

Storapa said:
I finally got the PC to talk to the Phase Runner. I had to disconnect my CA for some reason. Anybody else have this issue?
Are you using a laptop? If the charger is connected and you are using a desktop you could see some odd ground loops.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the input. Yup, I was using a laptop, and it was on charge. I'm a monkey and I should have thought about that as the OBD system I use in the automotive world has the same issue. I was lacking in patience a couple of days ago.

Right, got to get it dailed in now. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Phase Runner now dailed in. It's surprising how quiet this thing is / how quiet the motor is now. The only thing I can hear, are the tyres on the road.

Back