Change LED display (880) to compatible LCD display that can change max speed

SkyBike

1 µW
Hi,
I want to be able to change the max speed. I cannot do this (as far as I know) with my current LED display 880 (Link to technical documentation of my LED 880 display: http://www.szktdz.com/upload/file/20140724/20140724012355_80760.pdf)

So, I have this 5-wired LED display 880 (which is digital) and I want to change this to a compatible LCD Display where I can change the max speed.

Currently, there are 5 wires:
- Red = VB+
- Blue = Control
- Black = GND
- Green = DATA1
- Yellow = DATA2

I can't find any information on compatible displays where I can change the max speed setting. Anyone can make a suggestion for a display that allows to change the max speed?

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

My maximum speed now is 25 km/h. My battery voltage is 36V. The motor is a bafang 250W motor. You can find a picture of the controller in attachment. It's the KT36 48ZWSRT-LCD-C&D.

I think the KT-LCD3 display might be compatible and allows me to change the max speed.

Thanks in advance

Without further knowledge of your controller it is a bit hard to tell but usually those KT36 / KT48 controllers play along nicely with any KT-LCD-Displays you find as already indicated by docw099.

Be it LCD3/5/6 or the newer LCD8 breed. All allow adjustment of max speed (often with 75 km/h max) as well as changing a lot of other parameters such as max current and so on.

Two hints: I would always go for visually more pleasing LCD8-type of displays and also you could directly order it from China since they only cost half the price you usually pay in other online stores (e.g. aliexpress).

HTH,
Holger

If the maximum rpm of the engine with your wheel

it's 25km./h, with the display alone I don't think it's going to go up;

You have to know how many rpm the engine has.

zeccato said:
If the maximum rpm of the engine with your wheel it's 25km./h, with the display alone I don't think it's going to go up;
That is indeed a very valid point ! :thumb:

Usually motors have a rating with rotations per Volt. Multiplied by your battery voltage you get your max speed.

Sometimes switching to a battery with higher voltage helps for the maximum speed but all your parts like display and controller have to be rated accordingly unless you want to overvolt them which could result in frying any of the components. :flame:

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback so far. I fear you might be right. Still I want to give it one last shot.

In attachment a picture of the wiring of my connector. I labeled all the wires.

- The speed sensor wire (red, blue, black) is not connected.
- The blue wire I disconnected yesterday was the cruise wire I think.
- The 6P Plug is not connected now. I think this is for a speed sensor inside the motor?

I did not find any white wire that comes out and goes back into the connector so the question remains: How can I get the max speed out of my motor? If I can't fix this with my current connector, is there another connector that can be used for this? Is there anything I can try to modify this connector so there is no speed limit?

Picture of wiring: https://ibb.co/hL8BhQS

On the motor, I see the following "BFSWXB 36V 250W 170R"

Thanks

That's the purpose of questions about the motor/controller and Max current rating, You might already be running at the limit of the motor, and an LCD3 would not help.

I think your picture says it's a 7A controller on the left hand side of the label? Does it say 14A on the right side? If I read that right, then it's too small to get much faster than what you have now,

Back