Beast making with PAS

Kalts123

1 mW
Hello!
I´m going to build my first ebike with new x1 pro. Stock controller has pas with 65a/72v but I want to make it more. My battery can make 300a at 66.6V. I found a controller that supports pas with 80a but not more. Does anyone got a beast that has a pas with high amps or solution?
Or is there some switch for cranks that understand while I am pedalling and then switches engine on?

Thanks for Your time

There are a bunch of high power controllers that can use pas. Nucular, kelly, Powervelocity, Asi, Adaptto, sevcon, mobipus etc.

There are a bunch of treads you can read about different controllers, here are some:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98416
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=98792

There are treads about kelly, nucular, powervelocity etc. in different places, some in the sales section (items for sale, new)

I was thinking about CA v3 what gives me possibility to use rc controller (300a) because PAS goes to CA. But Stand alone shunt is only 45a cont. and 100a max. Also Rc controller is lighter and cheaper.

I've put PAS on my my bike. It runs from the pedal crank (12 pole magnetic sensor) ,
through a CAV3 and then on to a APT AE96600 controller.

Set to anywhere between 50amps and 325amps

Interesting.........yes but not the best idea I've ever had (certainly not the worst)
Dangerous.........Definitely

Note to self - keep PAS turned off.

Jonno

Yes, thats not a good idea but have to show that it´s all PAS. For everyday ride I still use throttle or low pas when I want to work out. If anyone has experience with high amp esc then let me know :)

Don't forget that you need a way to regulate the power when using the PAS. Some controllers only give full power when you pedal and some give power according to how fast you pedal, which is even worse. This doesn’t matter when you have a very low powered bike, but does if you have anything else. PAS works the best with current control on a higher powered bike because a speed regulated PAS still gives max power when you start.

The X1 is a very good motor, but it's not going to take 100a for more than a quick burst. You definitely won't be able to pedal fast enough to keep up and if you are in a gear high enough to allow a human cadence you will be destroying the motor very quickly.
The stock controller will do PAS and eventually TS as well as having a display. It's not going to cost more than a quality RC ESC and CA combined.

Thanks for good tips, seller told that motor can handle 300a but one clutch is weak (going over 6kw) so it should be replaced. I' m going to use max power a very short time so it doesn't brake an engine(I hope). Also seller posted the engine already without controller. Should arrive next week :) controller and new cluch kit will arrive later when 72v controller is ready for costomers.

Yeah I figured out that rc esc isn't best way to make it. Sabvoton controller seems good in unlocked mode 200A

Finally my x1pro motor kit arrived.
20190328_221825.jpg

Back