Need help - can't find the issue

vicesig

1 µW
Hello! I recently bought a 48v1kw rear hub kit (mod. Zhz-48v1000w) on eBay, and i paired it with a 48v battery. I used it for a couple of days, and suddenly it stopped working - the battery LED were working, but throttling or pedaling with the PAS did not start the engine. I ordered a new controller from evfitting greentime, a 48v. I just finished attaching everything, but the issue persists. No movement from the motor. I checked all the wires, opened the hub, checked all the wires inside. It just does not work and I cant understand why. What else should I check?

There is a list of things that can make a controller not run. Most common are:

Battery voltage too low/high - programmed into the controller
Bad hall sensor signal - all signals should toggle between near zero and around 5v as the motor is turned by hand
Out of range throttle signal - generally between 1v - 4v
Brake input active - Low level brake input should be around 5v until brake lever is pulled. Just unplug the brake lever connectors to be sure.

When checking the connectors, inspect the actual pins and socket contacts. Sometimes they get pushed back into the housing.

With a voltmeter you can test the items in the list. There are topics on the board about testing the various parts.

Back