TTXGP

deecanio

1 MW
Hi All,

just thought i'd post reminding everyone of the upcoming TTXGP event, especially for those UK'ers who may be considering going to the event :mrgreen:

It's been brought to my attention that there are 200 tickets available for on the day flights to watch the races on the main race day. This includes both the main (smelly petrol) race, and the TTXGP event, comprising of the cream of electric motorcycling to date.
Leave in the morning, back by night from Gatwick airport, grandstand seating, all for under £400.

Details are here http://ttxgp.com/flights/ .

They left it a bit late publicizing these tickets, and are in a hurry to sell them now in order to secure the flight. I suspect they will sell like hotcakes once word gets out.

Wish you all were there, it should be a fantastic day!!!

Cheers,

D

[youtube]epKXVqCTCqo[/youtube]
[youtube]9XKbwWfbxNU[/youtube]
[youtube]v9EjbQi2u2Q[/youtube]
a few teams gearing up for the race...love the sound of an electric "turbine" speeding by :D

Results from first practice.

Rob Barber and Team Agni are 5 seconds faster than closest competitor, impressive!

Interesting is the Open Class times are comparable to the PRO Class times. Actually, not counting Agni, they have better times than the PRO class.

PRO Class times

* Team Agni (Rob Barber): 26:41
* Mission Motors (Thomas Montano): 33:45
* XXL (Thomas Schoenfelder): 34.07
* Brammo/Bike (Roy Richardson): 35:47
* Brammo/Bike (Mark Buckley): 35:52
* HTBLAUVA – TGM (Paul Dobbs): 41:53

Open Class times

* ManTTx Racing (Dan Kneen): 32:01
* Barefoot Motors Racing (Chris Petty): 33:35
* Electric Motorsport (Chris Heath): 36:26
* NSR - Kingston University (George Spence): 40:44

LONG ass video, great shots of the bikes...

the MotoCzysz E1 is at 4:39

[youtube]CKa1Tj4Eejo[/youtube]

not too sure...

Someone said the rider dropped out of the race part way through, but no one has commented on it.

Just listened to the radio commentary on the practice lap: http://www.egrandprix.com/media/manx_radio_tt_jun_2009.mp3. They talked to the Team Agni rider at the end of the lap and he was really enthusiastic about the bike and the whole event. Fantastic :D

I'd really like to know what happened to the MotoCzysz entry as well.

(Edited to add) More TT snippets here: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/TT--road-races/

Malcolm said:
I'd really like to know what happened to the MotoCzysz entry as well.

Talked to a team member today,

They had some minor motor issues that have now been addressed.... They'll be at practice today.

TV clip from first practise
[youtube]9AQ7wfAdjRo[/youtube]
On board cam with Thomas Montano on the Mission Motors bike
[youtube]EvRmQCeqOd8[/youtube]

Just recieved this from the MotoCzysz team:

Concerning the second practice .... "This time we passed every other team and were blazing in for the fastest lap of the field when the controllers went into current limitation with sagging batteries just one mile from the finish line. Our rider, Mark Miller, stopped the bike and tried to figure out what was wrong as the rest of the teams passed, then decided to get back on and give it another go. By then the batteries had rebounded sufficiently to give him his last mile, ......and he crept in at only 13.8 mph! On the other hand, he qualified us for the race on Friday, and the bike absolutely ripped most of the way round. ........we're looking very good."

MotoCzysz qualified....

Tons of pictures from this guy Amadeus

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32914&st=45

4 pages on one thread, mostly pictures

Anyone recording digital free to air ITV4 coverage?

The ITV4 live streaming site is region protected :x

I'd love to see a high-def file be hosted up somewhere!

I've been checking youtube, flickr, google and details are still fairly scant overall.

[edit] thanks for that link above Travis, good photos. the manx radio coverage from ttxgp's website is quite enjoyable.

a bit disappointed about "mission motors"...

they claim to have the fastes bike on earth, but are behind team agni....5minutes

So, just talked to Loni for a few minutes on Adrian's phone.... its getting exciting. Still prepping the bike for the race tomorrow, but they're in and they're confident they'll do very well. Most of their problems were easily solved.... I mean, they didn't have a ton of time before the race to iron out the bugs...Things sound dialed in and ready to go. Not bad for a 5 month TOTAL DEVELOPMENT time... They only had the motorcycle running for the last 3-4 weeks or so. They finished 30 miles on the test track after the 2nd practice race.

If you look really close, That's Valentino Rossi's signature on the tank, he signed it after talking to the team.

TTXGP_Practice_10_June_2009_49.jpg

OH YEAH!!! That fork is amazing. Its a single upper shock on the front and the lower forks are billet aluminum from their MOTOGP bike.... when taking a turn, the forks can flex since the motion going over a bump would be directed upwards.

Pretty cool shit.

Whats the starting order tomorrow?

I've been unable to find the results from second practice.

not sure what the starting order is....

But believe me, when there's something new out there, I'll repost....everywhere :)

haven't found details of the second practice either. i'm still searching for itv4 coverage, got none of the practice laps yet though.

here's two stills of the Agni bike for those curious:
twinagnis.jpg
agnipack.jpg

Damn. I'm on the edge of my seat already and still two and a half hours to go... Desk is cleared, phone unplugged...

Not quite live feeds here: http://www.ttxgp.com/index_nav.php?page=livecams

Back