Portland, OR: Meet and Greet...

SunCoaster

100 W
For all you Portland area ES people,; if you are up for a meet and greet in the near future, add your thoughts below.

I work at PSU and could arrange a meeting area at the new Engineering Building @ 4th and College.

Suggestions for a day and time and/or alternative location?

Tom

18+ miles from Gresham. Maybe as more folks chime in, we can determine a central location?

Count me in. I live in Beaverton. My bike ain't ready yet but... it may be in a week :)

I'm in too, live in Gresham early evening hours someplace is good. Forty mile range at the moment but Max can make it more. Lots of free juice/outlets at OMSI as well as dnmans.

I'm in if I am available that day.

My Twike is down at the moment with a failed BMS board but as soon as I get it repaired (darn surface mount IC's, failed voltage regulator) I will have it back on the road. I live in Cedar Mill area but can make it to downtown and beyond if I charge somewhere.

Count me in as well. Just talked to Wakefield at eBike, he'll probably post something here soon. I'll also contact a few other e assist enthusiasts who may not be aware of the yak fest. I wonder if XYster is still around, somewhere, and might read this, and would show ,,,,,,,,,,, that'd be alright.

It sounds like most of you are shooting for a day /time that you can ride in? I hope that we can get a break in the weather for you guys to do that.

Tom

Heya all, great idea! I'm still pretty tired, my fatigue seems to be kicking in again. I have all the parts and pieces to finish my bike now, just need the stamina to work on it. I'm getting better though, hopefully I will be able to get back to working on my bike sometime this week. Hopefully it's just regular flu/cold that will be gone soon.

Thanks Tom for the PM! If you're looking for a place to meet I also know of a shop in Milwakee that I'm sure would host us, the Green Scene. That might be out of everyone's way however, I'm good for 20+ miles, I would think downtown Portland might be more central to most of us? Hope I am able to get things going soon, I've been wanting to meet up with other E-Bikers in the area for some time!

Dayn

I want to meet everyone also. Of course my bike is still not ready though :|
Seems like Portland would be the best for everyone.
I still haven't found a bike path from Beaverton to Portland though.. anyone have recommendations?

I'd be down, depending on day.

I'm in Beaverton, but can meet pretty much anywhere. Motorcycle is at a shop at the Airport, so it won't make it.

I'm in. I'm just off 41st & SE Division; at the intersection of two bike blvds 8)

PSU's new engineering building sounds like a great place to meet, or maybe where OEVA meets: http://www.oeva.org/

Howdy Portland Metro ES'ers.

How about we go with Suncoaster"s (Tom) first suggestion of the PSU Engineering Bldg? It seems that it is fairly central and Tom did offer it up straight away so it should be good to go for the future, yes?

As far as the day of the week is concerned, I don't know about the availability of the PSU sight, if weekends are an option. If they are, it "might" be the best time to try and set things up, see'uns that some folks have a better shot at getting there on a weekend. Plus, given the shortness of the daylight hours, a week day will put everyone into "night mode", if they are planning to ride in. So what do folks think of the PSU facility and about a weekend hook up?

Tom

Doing a weekend meet at the new Engineering Building at PSU should be OK, but I'll have to check with the building manager. With the monsoon season now upon us, if we pick a bad day we might have a low turn-out. The building does have a large atrium, so we would have an inside area suitable for up to 50 bikes.

Tom

That's sounds like a good plan of action Tom, let us know what you find out. More than likely, our local ES pals may not be checking this thread too often, so it may be just you and I that are thinking of going ahead with the PSU agenda so far. :wink: And to find out if that spot is cool with the majority of the folk, I may try to send them a "bulk" private email to alert them that there is some movement going on here. It'll give everyone a chance to say yay or nay to the PSU idea. I just wanted to move the project along so it wouldnt' fade away. Know what I mean?

Yep, the weather has certainly made it's change into the winter mode, just a little rainy. I figger once we at least find the meeting spot, things can move more easily into working towards a date. Heck, I'd be fine for doing it sometime before the end of the year. Holiday activities and such sure can reek havoc on trying to schedule things like this, but, we can always have more than one meeting, yes?

Tom B

Hey, i'm watching :)

I think that PSU is a good place to meet. All the surrounding cities center around Portland, so moving it further out just creates problems. PSU is next to a lot of highways, so that's good.

Here's my question; will there be bike parking, charging, and all that? I think that will be the biggest factor.

Hi Guys,

I just sent out a bunch of PM's to the fellas that have responded so far, just to tap on their doors and let them know that this idea to hook up is still alive and kicking. Chime in with opinions and suggestions, it's all cool beans.

Tom B

I'm busy evenings on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Free after 6 the other weekdays. Weekends are open except for sun eve.

I am reserving the atrium of the new Engineering Building at PSU for Sunday, Dec 5 for 1-4 pm.

The address is: 1930 SW 4th, Portland 97201 (across the street and a little North from the 76 gas station), the building has a cable structure art piece in front of it.

Please PM me if you think you can come and any questions.

Has a date for this been set yet?

Would love to join in and hoping that it is SOON. Baby is due 12/12.

Any chance we could meet before that?

Best,

wake
The eBike Store

Yes, Sunday - December 5 from 1-4pm

The address is: 1930 SW 4th, Portland 97201 (across the street and a little North from the 76 gas station), the building has a cable structure art piece in front of it.

Please PM me if you think you can come and any questions.

Tom

Back