Aussie, Brisbane & goldcoast people

nechaus

100 kW
Just wanted to make a thread..

Keen to make a big group ride around brisbane CBD or @ the goldcoast along the coast line!
im thinking late feb or early march

Anyone interested?

I will be in on that once all this rain has moved on.
Count me in.
Alex

Heya Nechaus, bloody good show for going for it.

Sending a PM turned out to be a goldmine as my vertical friend pointed out above.

Maybe you could send a link to the local ebike vendors??

CYA from Down South

Nechaus,

If i was still living in Brissy i'd be in for sure :)

I am planning on doing a road trip over to Brisbane with my bike around August and it'd be awsome to do a group ride and meet some of you guys then if ya's are keen?

Paul :D

Hey Gold Coaster's what about next weekend sat 7th or even sunday the 8th of april.

Runaway Bay to Surfer's Paradise sounds do-able. Or the other way around if you like. Or both.

Some of the public BBQ's at Labrador have free power points on the back for a recharge.

Could even stop off at the grand hotel on the broadwater, for refreshments.

What say you ?

I'll come down for a ride this long weekend.
It sure is a top ride along the waterfront there.
Puffed lipo is released, compressed, sealed and ready to go again!

I wouldn't mind a ride around the CBD/Botanic gardens/Valley/New Farm also. Regatta Hotel on Coro drive would be a classic stopover.
I spotted a power point at the back of the Technology One complex car park at 540 Wickham st while doing a job there last week, opposite the kebab takeaway.
Too bad the riverwalk got broken up in the floods, It looked like a nice ride when I cruised the river a couple of years ago. http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCCWR/assets/bcc/pop-ups/riverwalk/html_map_pop.htm

Saturday 7th it is then if there's no objections.

If we can meet from 9:30 to 10:00am in the park opposite Mcdonalds Labrador (across the highway on the broadwater side) next to the coast guard building, then that would be good for myself and a few others starting down this way. I'm still open to other meeting places if anyone can't make it to that one tho.

The forecast is for fine weather.

Is there a power point in that park, be good to top up before heading off.

Hay Oldhag,
Your at Redcliffe and I'm at Brighton, between us we have a bike path from the northern end of Scarbrough all the way through Boondall wetland up to the Gateway bridge. This must surley be one of the worlds greatest bike ways at it's right next to us.
Are you in for a get together this weekend or is anyone else interested. I have about 50k's range so I can just about do the distance.

Alex

Love to but I'm going down the gold coast this weekend, next weekend should be ok tho.
I've ridden the bike-way up to Depot Road, looks like a dirt track along part of the Gateway motorway after that on the western side I wouldn't mind checking out. I haven't got your range tho. Might have to scout for more power points.
I go for a cruise out to Sandgate sometimes, I'm keen to see your line trimmer!

Rob

OK pencil in next weekend.
Anyone else interested in a ride along redcliffe
Alex

I ll be there on my old faithful bike, I managed to blow up my DC to DC converter powering the RC controller on the new bike :( using a 40V-5V converter on ~50V is not a good idea for longevity :mrgreen:

Are we traveling south or north from that park? Cause that will be just about half my pack getting there from Mermaid beach, ie south

We can head south from the start if you like Bluefang.
It'll be an e-bike convoy thru surfers. 8)

On an unrelated note, anyone seen that new ebike rental shop in Surfers.
They have one A2B and heaps of front wheel drive 200 watt bikes, the A2B is $200 to hire for a week.
I notice that they always have the A2B out front for advertising purposes.

Sorry I can't make it to the ride this weekend. My bike is without a battery and controller at the moment but I hope to have it on the road soon. I am looking forward to meeting up with you all hopefully on the next ride.
Kev

Hey Guys,

I apologize for this quick thread hijack. Just found out were moving to Brisbane and would like your input. I started a thread "HERE" where I was hoping you can share your experiences to help us out.

I would greatly appreciate any info or help you can provide.

Cheers, newb

Back