How many uk people up for a race meet

I have been talking to redbridge cycle track and they gave said we can use ebiks there if rent the track so only us would be on the track it would cost £160 for 4 hour so more people go the cheaper Per person it would work out so if there is a good amont off us who want to meet and see what each other bike can do I will try and arange a meet or any like to help could be fun

All up for the idea of a UK race meet but not sure I can do London. you would probs need about 10 to 20 people to make that a reasonable cost of day. there was talk of a meet further north which had offroad cycle track riding. sounds a) cheaper b) more suited to our bikes.

Anyways take some pic when you get this sorted.

regards Andy

billsy said:
I'd be well up for this after having a go at the hill race in Bristol today. Have you posted on any uk forums?

Sounds a good idea, but the only UK ebike forum I know of is overwhelming dominated by the UK ebike sellers with strongly vested interests, and the majority on there seem to also be violently opposed to anything that might either be fun or, in their small minds, illegal. They would be outraged, and probably do something underhand to try and stop it, if there was any suggestion of someone using an ebike with their own definition of more than 250 watts in the event.............

Jeremy Harris said:
billsy said:
I'd be well up for this after having a go at the hill race in Bristol today. Have you posted on any uk forums?

Sounds a good idea, but the only UK ebike forum I know of is overwhelming dominated by the UK ebike sellers with strongly vested interests, and the majority on there seem to also be violently opposed to anything that might either be fun or, in their small minds, illegal. They would be outraged, and probably do something underhand to try and stop it, if there was any suggestion of someone using an ebike with their own definition of more than 250 watts in the event.............

Funny thing is just about all their bikes are illegal anyway being over the 200W limit lol Unless of course they are a tricycle or tandem.

Spacey said:
Funny thing is just about all their bikes are illegal anyway being over the 200W limit lol Unless of course they are a tricycle or tandem.

You're right, but they will argue endlessly, and often quite abusively, with anyone that dares to suggest running an ebike at more than the legal power limit. Added to the obnoxious ignorance of one or two of the ebike vendors on that forum, who seem intent on saying anything in order to push their products, and it doesn't now to be a very nice forum to me. Shame really, as it used to be quite informative a few years ago, before it became dominated by small vendors with an axe to grind. Now it just seems to be a place for people to go and be rude to each other.

I might just pop over their to ruffle a few feathers :twisted: Would that be the pedalec forum?

Back to racing though we really should make an effort to follow in our American friends footsteps and have our own race meet.

I would be up for this depending on when it is. There are other options, i could organise an off road route in Derbyshire for mountain bikes, as long as all participants agree on a distance they can all achieve etc.

Bumping this for the UK crowd. I'll be in too, as soon as my build in finished.
I'm not much of a racer, but would be good to meet others, and check out some other bikes.

as long as I can bring my KMX ha ha it corners much faster than my other bikes :lol: and yes you are right Jeremy the pedalec forum is just like you say, but like the first few races or rallies they had a few years ago were all won by the sponsors bikes, I really almost went to that too! ha ha, still wont knock them for holding the event, its just we are going to go nowhere with 200W, need to lead people to darker places 8) where they can have some fun and still stay safe and beat the system which is costing us ever more in the UK #ripoffbritain :evil:

Your all welcome to hold a meet down here near sunny Brighton again - it's been a while but the last one was lots of fun (though we broke a lot of bikes!).

Workshop facilities onhand, electric car and motorbike to play with..

I've got a bigger van for you to tow this year Knoxie too:D

Yes would be great to come down again, if it stops raining!! its ridiculous isnt it? I am deffo going to come down at some point though Steve, see if we can drag Deec down for the day too, he must fancy a break from the bottles and the nappies...I know I do :lol:

I am certainly interested, but being from the North Wales coast, London is quite a trek!

Count me in just give me a few weeks to get the bike back on the road again.

I must say I'd prefer to meet up at Jozztek HQ but I'm biased since thats where I work :D It does have direct access to the southdowns which has some good off trails and I guess that we could do a bit of road riding where I'm sure everyone will keep to a nice gentle pace :twisted:

However it is right down on the south coast so will probably be of limited appeal to those further north. but it’s likely we'll have a meet here at some point in the near future for all those who want to come along.

dont let me rail road you into changing the location to here tho I'm happy to travel if people would prefer to meet somewhere else.

Hi uk meet sounds good ,3"wide knobbly tyres means off road for me but I would travel to be around other ebikes.(still not seen another ebike in the flesh)BUMP BUMP

At the bike track I looked at there is on and off road track and if we rent it for the day we can run as much wattage as well like I'm just putting this out there as a starting point as think we meet some race meets of fun ride meets here in uk

Back