Henry Lawson Drive DH,UH Mountain biking (SYDNEY)

saiyan

100 W
LIVERPOOL, SYD, AUS. GDDDAY MATEEEEE.....
hey guys,
was wondering if there is any interest on riding at henry lawson drive. i only ask because only until about 2 hours ago i realised there is a pretty good downhill, uphill track around the area. alot of bush land around the area.

there is not only 1 trail but trails all over the place. for those who know henry lawson dr, its near the rc track. also near the on rd bicycle track
other than dirt biking there is also parks, bicycle paths if people wish to cruise on that aswell.
the trails i went on 2day was pretty crazy in some parts.....there are also big jumps in a couple areas, but i only went on the little ones. lol.
for any1 who wants to either cruise or get there heart pumpin this would be perfect.

let me know if any1 would like to give it a try.....i will try get some videos next time i go.

henry lawson dr, sydney, nsw.

cheerios :mrgreen:

I'm up for it. Just let me know when. And I'll bring my GoPro! :D

I went for a ride on Thursday in the Blue Mtns. I only knew some of the track,.. and the parts I didn't know, I wasn't really prepared for. I wasn't going too fast as I was unsure where I was and how far I had to travel and was sussing out battery range, but it was an awesome ride and I took some GoPro footage. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with a motor smaller than 2.5kw as the uphills are extremely steep (can't tell so much by the footage) and very demanding on a motor. Good brakes would help too, I just got my third set of front brakes for this bike after only 2200kms. I was unhappy with the stock brakes, a bike shop upgraded my brakes (I wasn't specific so they put on brakes that weren't any better), so I parted with some cash and bought the new Shimano Saint m820 brakes for the front. They are bleepin' awesome, quad ceramic pistons and heat sinks with cooling fins on the pads. They have soooooo much control from just a feather touch,... I am impressed and now finally happy with my brakes.

We should organise a monthly ride or something, I know I'm always hanging out for a good blast somewhere.

Here are my videos of the ride,... Enjoy! 8)

Part 1
[youtube]gjE2zBKli94[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]LK2Iirijzfk[/youtube]

Cheers
argh

thats kool argh......i gotta try there 1 day aswell.
i will try get a couple more guys so we can go as a lil group like last time. definatley going to organise somefin soon.
maybe we can have a barbe with some basic foods around the area. ill sus out a power point so we can charge up while we eat for a 2nd run....

its pretty close to my house so i can organise some basic stuff for us.....hope we can get some more hands up for a ride.
there is a cycling track there if people want to stick on rd for abit but for me, i love the dirt and trails. :D

im posting a vid filmed with my iphone onto youtube right now so it will be up soon. not that great as its very shaky but its all i got lol.

ill try get the guys from our last meet to join in if they havent seen this thread yet....

Yeah just organise the day and time and ill see if im able to come.

I am a bit upset that Argh went to that awesome ride without us!

come on guys arent we team sydney :)

Got my new bike carrier half built so this will give me motivation to complete it. Ill finish iy this week at work and post some pics in my thread.

Also have received my new Lipo monitors and will make a cool custom holder for them as well as a centronics style plug for my harnes etc, Will be wathcing the voltages on all my lipo balance leads seperately in a neat little display.

Have drilled my covers and will actually update my phase wires today. Have organised to go to Jay's next weekend to up the power. Oh yeah BABY!!!!!!!!!!

good stuff man......post up some picks, wana c the new setup.
ill let every1 know hopefully in the next week or 2 when the henry lawson drive run will be.

my bike has some minor details added aswell. will post up couple picks....

Back