ebiker meet and greet in DC

GCinDC

100 MW
let's plan a meet somewhere in DC!

maybe on the mall where there's a lot of room, near the carousel? (near old smithsonian bldg)

or in lafayette park?

it's a bit chilly these days, so it might have to wait till spring, but maybe we can do it sooner.

let's allow a lot of time so everyone can hear about this.

how about the first one on friday Feb 15 at Noon?

another location might be freedom plaza?

What a great idea! <stealing it!>
I'm going to try to organize a meetup in my neck of the woods.

Sounds good, I'm in. Anywhere in DC is good for me. Looking forward to seeing some ebikers!

Baltimoron here. I'd join but my 15 mph folder isn't up to par with you big boys :oops: . If this event happened in the spring, I'm pretty sure my GNG2 mid drive would be ready to go. I also have a Surly Ogre that's begging to be electrified as well. Guess I better get on the ball... :idea:

I'm with three of my best boston tricycle brothers in dc to pedicab for the next four days. Renting an apartment an between petsworth and queens chapel. I'll be off and on riding around the national mall in the cab and goofing off on my regular bike non stop till Tuesday so if you ever wanted a ride but were to shy/broke/chicken let me know and I'll hook you up.

Also, the commute back from the city is pretty brutal and I can imagine will be even worse after working a shift. If anybody has a E-beater to rent for a few days I'd love to hear an offer.

i will totally be there if anyone else plans to show up. you still in cresh?

noon on the mall near the carousel.

feel free to pm me if you're interested but haven't responded.

i'm happy to meet again, monthly...

if you know someone who might be interested, please forward this to them...

I'm still in. My falconev frame bag failed on my yesterday. I think all the salt corroded the zipper and it just broke off. I'll fix it with duck tape if I have to...

This Friday turns out to be no good for me making it into the city, but hopefully next time. Still have yet to come across another ebiker out here in the western suburbs.

I would be up for it in the Spring. I now work in Arlington and can make it into town around Noon.

hey guys, we'll do more events in upcoming months, but I will plan on going in case anyone else does!

From the first post, I put a google map link for the carousel on the mall between the Washington Monument and the Capitol. It's the blue and yellow spiraled roof in the center of the map!

CarouselSmithsonian090906.jpg

There are benches and trees to lean bikes up against and we shouldn't get hassled...

Look forward to seeing you there!

Feel free to PM me w/ questions/issues or my contact info..

the meet was cool. cresh and lcs7h showed up and we checked out everyone's bikes. i didn't take many pics, but got a good on of lcs7h:
20130215_120836.jpg

who sometimes rides w/ the topeak bag and sometimes the batt in his backpack:
20130215_122554.jpg

but now for some reason, i think they're both interested in giant dh comps... :?: :lol:

How about we do the next at noon on Friday 3/22?

Back