AUS Melbourne spring group ride get together???

winkinatcha

10 kW
Man this weather is tits!

went for a 60k ride along the Merri Creek trail and parts north... it was grouse.

Anyone keen on a group ride in the next couple of weeks?

Joe

Yeah I am down.
I see you first posted on Sep 3rd and I totally missed the post, I visit ES forum like 5 times a day and still missed it.
Shows you how easy it is to miss posts. Maybe you should start PMing everyone..

I'm interested depending where and when.

Sounds good.

I'd suggest at least listing some suggested dates and rough localities so people can at least make a rough commitment. Worked better for the rides I organised.

SD

I am keen. Chuck up some dates and suggested location. Will do my best to fit in.

Some dirt would be good rather than just paved bike path. Bit of a combo of both perhaps.

I was thinking say from Fins Reserve in Templestowe out along the main Yarra trail then into the Yarra Valley Parklands for a some offroad fun. The path going ebikes not suited to off road could continue up the made paths while the suspension bikes have a bit of a play in the dirt. Then all meet in a central location, say at Fitzsimons lane bridge for the ride back.

Just a suggestion. I am open to whatever suit. :)

Attachments

• Snip20130907_1.jpg
    Snip20130907_1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,117
Wicked! some responses :D

Orright... Time.. weekend after next, Sunday 22nd September, Start 10am
Still to be decided...
Personally i was thinking Merri Creek and parts north... I Like Kepler's Idea

I am gonna stay out on this limb for a bit Sam, and give people a chance for more input re location... We have enough of a spread of members from N,E, S and W, that there may be certain areas with higher representation (heaven forbid, even Geelong) and if for instance 5 ar from parts north then I am all for weight of location.

Anyways, if no more location suggestions by Thursday I shall put up something Firmer :D

Joe

Kepler said:
Some dirt would be good rather than just paved bike path.
Yes please! :mrgreen:

winkinatcha said:
Man this weather is tits!
You spoke too soon, you lived in Melbourne long? ;) :D

Has a route been planned yet? Any idea of kms?

Edit.... long term forecast doesn't look too bad though..

Sunday 22 September
Summary Min 12 Max 22
Possible shower.
Melbourne area
Mostly sunny. The chance of showers later in the day. Light winds.

Sunday looking good for me. Annual september storms running late this year. Good!

+1 singletrack and westerfolds...

Still keen for Sunday morning. Looks like rain in the arvo.

Sunday morning is good for me also. Invited my neighbour with a Fighter (and trailer) for the ride too. My sprag clutch on my Bafang is slipping a bit at the moment. Hopefully it will survive.

So have we figured out the location yet?

Sorry 'bout delay in rely n all...

Yah I spoke to soon about Melbs weather eh? You'd think I would've learnt after 20 odd years living here :D

I vote for the Westerfolds as I've never been there but heard some awesome things.. and am sure we can organise some light stuff as well as heavier dirt stuff and maybe split into a couple of groups.

ideal would be start at 10.. hoon about for a couple of hours meet up for lunch n then go winging our seperate ways.

Not actually familiar with area so those who know it may be able to prlvide more input...

Cheers

Joe

Sounds good to me, I haven't been out there either.
Now just to work out how to squeeze the Fighter into the back of a sedan! :shock:

winkinatcha said:
Sorry 'bout delay in rely n all...

Yah I spoke to soon about Melbs weather eh? You'd think I would've learnt after 20 odd years living here :D

I vote for the Westerfolds as I've never been there but heard some awesome things.. and am sure we can organise some light stuff as well as heavier dirt stuff and maybe split into a couple of groups.

ideal would be start at 10.. hoon about for a couple of hours meet up for lunch n then go winging our seperate ways.

Not actually familiar with area so those who know it may be able to prlvide more input...

Cheers

Joe

I will post up some maps with meeting point and route in the next day or 2. Westerfolds and Yarra Valley parkland is a heap of fun and there is a massive dip and hill climb for those who want to prove how powerful their ride is. My 10 kW Bomber use to eat it. Not sure if my Bafang powered Fighter will do the same but I will give it a go.

rp3 said:
Sounds good to me, I haven't been out there either.
Now just to work out how to squeeze the Fighter into the back of a sedan! :shock:

My neighbor's trailer fits 3 bikes. I will see what I can organize.

Love to come out folks and Westerfolds is almost in my backyard.
But an incident yesterday at Lysterfiled involving my shoulder and a tree means 6 weeks off the bikes.

Have fun all.

Glenn

Lock it in for 10am?

Anyone have a specific landmark point for meeting at the start?

10am locked in!!

Ok, meeting point will be Finns Reserve Picnic Area. Duncan St, Templestowe Lower.

Ride will cater for both path going bikes and suspension bikes.

From Finns Reserve we will head out to Westerfolds. There is some nice easy single track dirt to have a play on. Don't need full suspension for this part.

Next we head out to Yarra Valley Parklands. Combo of made path, easy dirt tracks and some twisty steep stuff. Hopefully something for everyone. The bikes not interested in the dirt can head further up the Yarra main trail with a view to meet back at the second meeting point marked on the map at an agreed time.

We can then head back towards the starting point with a possible coffee shop detour.

Keep in mind that the dirt tracks will probably be quite muddy in places so don't forget your mud guards and appropriate clothing.

Lets hope the weather holds out.

Attachments

• Main route.JPG
    Main route.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 5,031
Back