Washington–XXXRootBeer all Electric Vehicle Show THIS SUNDAY

Scott

100 W
This Sunday, May 11th Triple XXX Root Beer is hosting an all electric vehicle show. At the bottom is a chart that shows lots of Tesla's, a few Zero Motorcycles and some rare electric cars that can only be purchased in California that will be displayed at this event.

If you want to attend or display your ebike, car, or motorcycle please visit this link and sign up here so they can have a count of who will be there.
ISSAQUAH – For the first time, the legendary Triple XXX Root Beer in Issaquah will be the site of a car show strictly for plug-in electric vehicles. The Spring Electric Vehicle Show on Sunday, May 11 is part of Triple XXX’s regular Sunday car show roster that typically features classic cars and collections from local car clubs.

At the Spring Electric Vehicle Show, members of the Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA) will showcase their many different vehicles, including classic cars that have been converted to run on electricity as well as production vehicles such as the Tesla, Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus, Mitsubishi, Fiat 500 and plug-in hybrids, among others. Dealers and other sustainability representatives will be on hand to showcase how driving electric vehicles saves money while also saving the planet.

“This car show should be the largest gathering of electric vehicles in one place ever mounted in the Northwest,” said SEVA President Stephen Johnsen. “It will be an excellent opportunity for local families to come and learn about the benefits and efficiencies of electric driving – directly from the owners who use electric vehicles every day.”

Vehicles will be on display from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 11, at the Triple XXX, located at Front Street and Gilman Boulevard just off I-90 in Issaquah. The day will include electric vehicle vendors and fun activities such as music and a raffle to raise money for Charge for Change, an effort to install more public charging stations for electric vehicles. The raffle drawing for donated prizes will be at 1 p.m. on May 11.
Expected Plug-In Vehicles:
Vehicle | Count
Nissan LEAF - 17
Other - 13
Tesla Model S - 12
Chevrolet Volt - 4
Zero Motorcycle - 3
Tesla Roadster - 3
Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later) 3
Mitsubishi i - 2
Brammo - 1
Fiat 500e - 1
CODA Sedan - 1
Giant - 1
Ford Focus Electric -1
Smart ForTwo Electric Drive -1
Toyota RAV4 EV (1997-2003)- 1
15 total - 64

Kingfish and I will have our bikes there.
The UW will have their Formula SAE eCar there too.

Day: Sunday, May 11, 2014
Time: 9am to 3 pm
98 NE Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, WA, United States

If you are able to bring your plug-in vehicle, please plan to arrive between 8:30 and 9 a.m. Look for volunteers who will direct you where to park. Please check in at the SEVA table to get your car show packet. You may want to bring pop-up canopies and/or folding chairs.

Yippie Ki Yay !

I'll be there or I'll be square :mrgreen:

Thanks Scott for the post! KF

teslanv said:
Count me in
Kingfish said:
Thanks Scott for the post! KF
Your welcome and thank you guys for coming.

I also edited the original post:

If you are able to bring your plug-in vehicle, please plan to arrive between 8:30 and 9 a.m. Look for volunteers who will direct you where to park. Please check in at the SEVA table to get your car show packet. You may want to bring pop-up canopies and/or folding chairs.

Just found the motivation to put together my next kit - a Yescomusa 1000W Rear Hub. Have it connected to a 12S LiPo for now, but may swap out the stock controller for the 6FET 4110 Lyen I have and reconfigure my battery for 24S. We will see if my better half will let me have some more time to tinker tomorrow.

I might just have to bring both the Mid drive and the Yescomusa on Sunday. :D

teslanv said:
Scott said:
I have never seen a mid drive in person so it would be really cool to see that!
You'll have to take it for a spin. :)
Thanks, im looking forward to it!
You can try my bike too, but it is dangerous because it wheelies so easily :twisted:

I'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks for the invites; good to meet up with teslanv and Scott. It was an interesting day from start to finish, beginning with the Issaquah Police pulling up to me just as I parked my ride and giving me the 40-question treatment about my apparent speed through town. I was tied up for about 20 minutes – though all ended on good footing. One of the SEVA people came over to me right afterwards and told me "not to worry coz he captured the whole business on video!" :twisted:

And from there – it just became even more fun with all sorts of people and exhibitors; really a nice turnout and I was busy pretty much the entire time from 9-4 PM. Never did get to have lunch. :?

So – who wants to tell the story how us ebikers tripped the circuit breaker by tapping into the DJ’s power to recharge? It was blamed on us, but come to find out – there were many EV people tying into that line as well. Well… I don’t know about you guys but I was getting tired of listening to disco/hip-hop versions of my favorite classic rock songs. :p And you have to admit that the ½ hour break in music allowed better interaction with the visiting public.

BTW - I have not been able to find any of the footage from KING5 News when they were out shooting video and doing interviews, and there’s nothing in their archives.

Here’s a few photos I snapped.

2014.SEVA.Spring0.jpg

My ebike: “Prototype-2” 2WD 63V as appearing it’s configured as 15S10P; about 100 mile range. I have racked up over 5k miles on this ride. The helmet is hanging off the handlebar. Props on the right side from L-R: Custom Meanwell Charger Assy, 9C Stator, and on the trail stool is a modified LYEN 12-FET controller and a single Zippy FlightMax 5S1P battery. The controller was unscrewed so I could quickly whip it open to show the mods. In all the props worked out very well, however my backpack weighed close to 40 lbs! Next time I’m just bringing the charger for the Silent Thunder meet in September.

2014.SEVA.Spring1.jpg

Tesla Roaster. My first though was: “I want!”

2014.SEVA.Spring2.jpg

This little racer is at 300V 40Ah? Anyways – they have gone less than 125 miles in it.

2014.SEVA.Spring3.jpg

This is Scott and his ride, configured as 30S1P… or was that 48S1P?

Motorcycles and scooters are next. One claimed up to 137 mile range.

2014.SEVA.Spring4.jpg

2014.SEVA.Spring5.jpg

2014.SEVA.Spring6.jpg

2014.SEVA.Spring7.jpg

Two Scooters: The red one on the right can go up to 45 mph and has about a 50 mile range. It weighs 300 lbs. more than my ebike! The controller was about the size of a small car battery. They were selling it for $3k. The green one claims to have a range up to 100 miles, and maximum speed up to 80 mph. It weighs 430 lbs.

Sorry, didn’t get a picture of teslanv’s middrive ebike.

One of my pals – an EE, came out to the show. We made plans to catch supper in Redmond, so I had him take the backpack. We left from Issaquah at the same time heading north on East Lake Sammamish Drive and I got home before he got to the pub! :twisted:

Got lots of sun. Needed the color. Good day all around – even with the cop coz it was all song and dance all day long. 8)

Till next time! KF

Here's a pic of KF & Scott right before "the incident"

KF&Scott.jpg

I would have been happy if they had not been able to get that outlet working again. The DJ was killing our mojo. - Didn't help I was parked next to him.

Had a great time though, meeting Kingfish & Scott and chatting with a bunch of other EV enthusiasts.

Thank you two for coming, it was great to meet both of you. It was a pretty good turn out with more than 50 electric vehicles there. My parents ended up coming to the show so I put the bike in the car to get home but only two of us could fit with the bike. We went to a bike shop to take the front wheel off so we could fit the 3 of us in the car to get home.
Kingfish said:
This is Scott and his ride, configured as 30S1P… or was that 48S1P?
Normally I have been running 30s 1p but to get to the show I used 24s 2p (16Ah)
It only took 11Ah to go the 27 miles and the last 5 miles I went 45-50 mph.

Back