2014 UK Insight gathering Sept 6/7th
Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings in Bromsgrove.
It is small and quiet with an excellent Edwardian Tea Room.
Plus the national collection of Telephone Kiosks!
Bromsgrove is on the M5, M42 interchange so only a couple of hours from Bristol or Reading and less than three from Thirsk.
OPTIONAL MEET IN BRIDGNORTH SAT EVENING
- Authentic historic market town to explore. Independent shops (not chains), cliff railway and promenade, castle & town walls, dozens of pubs, independent cinema etc.
- MEAL in the centre of town. Indian is available!
- Stay in the town centre in one of the Inns and B&Bs (The George, the Bear, Golden Lion, Severn Arms, Churchdown House etc). Rates appear to be £30-£90.
SUN 09:00 cross country drive
- Meet up 2 miles outside Bridgnorth (parking outside the Danery in Quatford. There are a couple of cafes here if you missed brekky.)
- Drive 30 miles through the Shropshire Hills, via the Wyre forest, across the Severn at Bewdley to Bromsgrove and the open air museum. These are very popular motorcycling roads and quite a challenge to hyper mile! A map of the route would be provided just in case.
SUN 10:30 onwards
- Park up on the lawn in the museum, 2 miles south of Bromsgrove
- Thirty historic buildings to wander around
- Edwardian Tea Rooms
Under a tenner, plus the hot sausage bagettes...
After the schools go back, so Sep/Oct.
There's plenty of accommodation in Bromsgrove for anyone needing to stay overnight there (Holiday Inn, Travel Lodge, Premier etc.)
Look forward to seeing those with cars or interested in them for a chat and a pint.