Washington - Greenwood Car Show “Gasless On Greenwood” 28th

Scott

100 W
The Greenwood Car Show will have hundreds of cars. 35+ will be electric cars from mainly from the Seattle Electric Vehicle Association (SEVA). John Wayland will have the White Zombie there. The BMW 330i I converted to electric in high school will be there too. Teslas will also be there too.

I was told that electric bikes don’t need to pay to come, we can just show up.

SEVA will be in the Walgreens parking lot.
8701 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103

From here
June 28th 8:00am – 4:00pm
Greenwood Avenue North
Seattle, WA

For 20-plus years, the Greenwood Car Show has happened on the last Saturday of June along Greenwood Avenue North in the Greenwood and Phinney neighborhoods of Seattle, WA. SEVA has had the most cars of any single group at the show the last two years and hopes to do the same this year.

If you want to bring your EV, SEVA will collect a $10 donation, Cash or Check (made out to SEVA) BEFORE our JUNE 10 MONTHLY MEETING for the folks living in the immediate Seattle or King County area. For folks entering and living outside King County (i.e. Portland OR. Vancouver BC, Pierce County, Snohomish County) SEVA will pay your entire $25 entry fee because of the distance you are traveling to participate.
Any other questions, contact Stephen Lough by phone (206 524 1351), or e-mail stevenslough@comcast.net. “Gasless” is going to be the biggest Greatest EVER.

Excellent Scott - thanks for posting; I'll be there!

Mapping out the route on mapmyride and I get about 20.2 miles one-way with a total elevation climb of about 1,000 ft. There's no easy way for me from Redmond, but I sorted out a way where I can avoid the pokey bike trails - yet keeping the giant hillclimbs at bay. Should take me about an hour with all the city traffic.

Might do some erands there: Seattle Fabrics on Aurora Ave N & 87th is a great resource for making yer own battery bags. I was just thinking I need to restock a few items.

See you there! KF 8)

Kingfish said:
Might do some erands there: Seattle Fabrics on Aurora Ave N & 87th is a great resource for making yer own battery bags. I was just thinking I need to restock a few items.

KF,

Funny you mention Seattle Fabrics. I found that place just last week, and bought materials for a battery bag. - Even have the design figured out:

Tes,
If my Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine was portable I’d let you borrow it! :wink:

Seattle Fabrics is a great little store full of all sorts of materials and strapping and fasteners. I’ve been pining to do another battery bag, something that matches my yellow day-glow jacket, or maybe pick up some more reflective tape; can never have too much of that :)

So silly question time: On your battery bag - does this pattern fold inward so the Velcro faces each other, or outward?

Cheers, KF

I tried to indicate fold direction on the drawing. hopefully it makes sense.

The outside of the bag is face UP on the drawing, and my intent is to have the velco strap that wraps the steering tube to be on the inside of the saddle but still on the "outside" of the bag compartments. - does that make sense?

It looks to me like the whole thing wraps to closure from the top, with the "open ends of each side bag on the inside. I can see the forward strap that goes around the fork tube but the "bottom- straps don't make sense in that orientation, and that you will be 2X wide at the bottom once you drape it over the top-tube.

But in another perspective, if I'm looking at this from the bottom upward, then the pieces come together like an accordion and you would have an open-top bag, and all the straps then make sense.

You know what I think is that we should talk about it Saturday, maybe cut out a small mockup and fold it together :wink:

BTW - I'm not bringing the charger, or the hub-with-the-covers-removed, or the controller-example, or the battery-example. That was too much to lug around last time, plus I have twice as far to go.

Hey know of a good cheap motel nearby? I might want to spend the night in town; Naked City is across the street from Walgreen's and I've never been :)

Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty

♪ ♫ KF

Kingfish said:
in another perspective, if I'm looking at this from the bottom upward, then the pieces come together like an accordion and you would have an open-top bag, and all the straps then make sense.

That's exactly how I tried to draw it - From the bottom. When you accordion-fold it, the face I drew is the outside of the two compartments.

Motels in Greenwood. hmmm. I know there's plenty on Aurora, but I think they all rent by the hour :wink:

Back