EV Motorcycle Time Trial and Track Day at Laguna Seca

Hello Guys, this is my first post to the forum and I wanted to make you aware of an EV Motorcycle event we are holding at the historic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA on Sunday, July 20th.

Riders will get three 15min riding sessions on the track. In addition, you can also sign up for our SportElectric Time Trial competition to see who has the fastest EV motorcycle (and knows how to ride it). My bet is on Brammo and the two pro riders they have signed up. ;)

If you are a beginner, no problem. We are offering beginner group instruction at no additional charge.

Here is the official press release with the info:

Speed Ventures presents the 6th Annual REFUEL Clean Power Motorsports Event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Sunday, July 20, 2014.

For the sixth year running, Speed Ventures, the leading recreational motorsports club with operations in California and Nevada, welcomes electric cars and motorcycles to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California to showcase cutting-edge clean transportation technology in a motorsports setting.

Speed Ventures will provide track time and basic performance driving instruction for drivers of electric cars and riders of electric motorcycles. The event is open to the new wave of Electric Vehicles (EVs) as well as to electric conversions and purpose-built all-electric race cars. Owners of electric vehicles and motorcycles can participate in open track sessions and compete in the SportElectric Time Trial which is classed for production vehicles, conversions and prototypes. Competition this year is expected to be fierce.

For 2014, the REFUEL Clean Power Motorsports Event will offer the following:
  • -- Drive your EV, Electric Motorcycle, or Electric Kart on Mazda Raceway at speed and receive basic performance driving instruction
    -- Participate in the SportElectric Time Trial to see who is the fastest EV driver at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
    -- Drive your EV on the EV Performance Test Course (Autocross style)
    -- Rendezvous with hundreds of EV owners and fans during the EV Owner’s Meet
    -- A Parade Lap on The World Famous Mazda Raceway Laguna is open to all EVs in attendance (low speed, passengers are allowed, no helmets required)
    -- Free charging stations for REFUEL track and Time Trial participants. (charging is available to participants only)

Also please note that we are subsidizing the cost of the entry. This is a labor of love for us and we are not making money on the EV event. We just want to break even. :)

The price for the Track Day portion is $70 for the day. The Time Trial is an additional $50 to compete. To compete, you will need to have a transponder or rent one from us for $20.

More info can be four here: http://www.refuelraces.com/

Registration for the event is here: http://speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=491

Also, please feel free to PM me or email me at jared@speedventures.com

Thank you!

nicobie said:

I registered the first day. Bringing the Palatov and a very quick motorcycle. :)

jansevr said:
awesome, can't wait to see vids of the Palatov! and what motorcycle would that be - if you don't mind sharing pics? :D

Still under construction. Patients. :)

I've always wanted to go check out these Annual Refuel Events at Laguna Seca but I don't know if it would be any fun just being a spectator. Does anyone know if the spectators are allowed out in the pit areas so we can actually see the vehicles up close? My bro and are thinking about driving down and bringing a couple electric bikes to cruise around the event, would we be allowed to ride our ebikes around to check out the vehicles or are the Refuel Events pretty much only for the participants to enjoy?

-Maytag

I wish I was able to go...but hopefully someone will get some video for those of us that can't make it! i thought that original electric palatov was impressive, but now that its in the hands of Luke I know hes gonna make that thing a beast. i am also still curious to see what Lukes modified motorcycle is exactly. im guessing a modified zero of sorts...possibly with a double wide motor...?? :D

nicobie said:
Tried to PM Luke about the race Sunday and ask if he needed help Sat. But he has managed to block all PM's from here.

O Well. I sure wanted to check out his E Roadster

:|

I responded to your PM my friend!

Got DP1e operating on its new 30kWh pack at 2:30am. Still have at least 10 man hours to put it. It's fortune I have a a handful of guys helping, so it shouldn't take long.

Subscribed

We just finished the DP1e.

It's on the trailer heading to Laguna.

It's fast. Camping at Laguna tonight.

In drivers meeting.

Car is fully charged and ready to rip!

Get video please :)

Back