Aussie electric superbikes Winton Raceway, Aug 1st to 3rd

jonescg

100 MW
Calling all ES folks from the south-east corner of the country!

Round two of the eFX Championship heads to Winton Raceway, Benalla Victoria from the 1st to the 3rd of August.

Come along and check out the racing on Saturday and Sunday. Our races are first thing in the morning and last thing in the afternoon. Winton is a tighter track, and the lap times will be close. One thing is for sure, my old eFXC lap record is about to get owned :lol:

Mike, Pottz and I will be there with Voltron Evo, while Ripperton will be there with his electrified R1. Catavolt will be in good stead with Alex Pickett on the reins too. Hopefully the Varley guys can get their bikes working a bit more reliably this time around.

Live timing for the event can be found at the FX Superbikes website, and a live web stream of the weekend's racing should be up there too. See you there!

http://www.fxsuperbikes.com.au/?p=3732

Oh man, how'd I miss this? Might "chuck the kids the in the car" (an aussie expression) and come take a look!
Thanks for the heads up Chris. Full-throttle said you'd be up his way shortly - I didn't make the connection.

SD

Well for anyone who thought they might come and check out Friday practice they would have been a bit disappointed. It rained and hailed all day, and was hovering between 5 and 8 degrees C. There was enough dry track to put in a few laps though, and Pottz has the corners hard-wired in his brain now. He's 4 second a lap slower than Ripperton, which is pretty good going. We're found the spring upgrades have helped quite a bit, and we've wound the regen up to a point where it's like kicking down a gear or two on an ICE bike. Varley have painted up their new bike in Voltron 1's colours - black and gold. Kinda makes me want a cigarette...

Jason was just stoked to have a few laps at pace under his belt. They still have problems but they should be back on track tomorrow starting from third. Alex will be on the Catavolt, but he wasn't getting any track time on it today. He rides in the FX300s, so it's still good going.

Hope to see some ES folks tomorrow!

Oh man, pulled the pin yesterday as it even snowed here in Ballarat! The four hour trip would've been awful.

Woke up to the perfect day. Bah, damned Victorian weather.
Have a great time Chris.

I wasn't able to make it to this round, good luck to all teams.

Catavolt is sporting a new A123 battery pack (last round they had a borrowed one) and a Fireblade front end to replace the Daelim one.

Here's results of the first race this morning - pretty close between Ripperton and Voltron lap times!

Unfortunately no video feed available until the Sunday races.

Second race today, congrats on the wins Ripperton.

Catavolt's Alex had to get back on a bike a short time after dropping a Ninja 300 in an earlier race, well done.

winton2014-R2.jpg

Back