Mt Washington Auto Road ALT Energy Summit 2014

teddillard

100 W
Hey kids! Sept 13-14 we're doing it again - the Mt Washington Auto Road is hosting the ALT Energy Summit!

Here's the site with all the details: http://altenergysummit.org

Check out our latest list of participants:

• The New England Electric Auto Association will be holding their monthly meeting at the Summit, and will be kicking off the week of the National Drive Electric Week with us.

Bill Buchholz, with his Dirigo front wheel drive, 90mpg diesel tadpole trike. Designed and built for the Automotive X Prize, she won the coast to coast “every guy’s X prize” in 2010.

The MIT EVT team will be there with their electric Porsche, their latest electric motorcycle, and who knows what else? EVT’s mission is to demonstrate and research electric vehicle technologies, provide project-based educational opportunities for MIT students, and increase public awareness of electric and other advanced vehicle technologies.

Zoombikes’ Larry Gilbert and crew are coming again this year with their really cool, really fun electric bikes!

Robert Worobey of Black Sparrow Industries will be back with his unique, 3-wheeled board, the Tribey, for another attempt at the summit with a new, improved battery pack.

Smart Energy of New England’s David Belanger will be there, showcasing their line of solar electric, solar thermal, pellet boilers and wind generation.

Outrider USA’s Kevin Breslend will be showing off their line of three-wheeled electric/pedal power vehicles… and making their bid for the summit.

Chargepoint’s John Gilbrook will be there answering your questions about charging stations and infrastructure.

The ALT E Store will show you everything you need to know about renewable energy systems and supplies, with a vast resource of DIY help.

Foxfire Energy will again be teaming up with SolarFest to bring you their Off Grid Solar Generator trailer – giving us all access to 100% carbon-free recharging, and conventional Solar Installation help as well.

Finally, our Title Sponsor, the NH Electric Co-op, represented by Gary LeMay, has made much of this possible, and will be on hand to answer your NH renewable and sustainable energy questions.

We're kicking off NEDW in New England at the Mountain - see more here: http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2014/08/20/national-drive-electric-week-and-huntington-beach-crazy/

I just heard from the Maine NEDRA boys, and they're bringing their electric Cobra build, along with some other toys, and the Olin College REVO team is bringing a truck full of fun too.

I hope I see some of you there!

Here's Mike Corbin's (lithium) Sparrow on the summit last year:

cropped-cropped-header.jpg

Hmmm That's interesting!

I live just about 450km from Mt Washington.. witch correspond to only about 2 additional charges on my Zero and about 5 hours driving time and 4 hours of recharge total with my ultra fast charger.

9 hour to het there... let say I would quit Quebec at 6 am.. I could be there at about 3-4pm on Sept 12..

That is really tempting !

Doc

Let's add Doctorbass to the list of attendees! :D

Wish I could go.

If the Good Doctor makes it, he will not have to buy beer for the entire weekend. Just sayin. :roll:

Seriously, it would be AWEsome to meet you there!

Just got confirmation that the EVSR Entropy Racing guys are coming! Here's their release:

10609697_10204780924862473_306467681628554449_n.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Phone: 570.682.9666
Email: Chris@EntropyRacing.net

EVSR returns to Mt. Washington as the Electric King of the Hill
Kick off the National Drive Electric Week with EVSR at the Alternate Energy Summit

On September 13th and 14th, EVSR and Tim O’Neil, the electric kings of the hill will be back at Mt. Washington for the first time since setting the Climb to the Clouds electric vehicle record earlier this year! We will help kick off the New England celebration of National Drive Electric Week, the Alternate Energy Summit, sponsored by New Hampshire Electric Co-op. The EVSR will show at Mt. Washington and have a demonstration with both cars on Saturday and Sunday.

Both of the EVSR’s will be available for viewing, and will be running up the Mt. Washington Auto Road along with a wide variety of Alternate Energy Vehicles on Saturday and Sunday. Charlie Greenhaus, EVSR program director, and the EVSR Team will be leading a workshop dedicated to electric vehicles in competition. This workshop, Redefining Motorsports - A How-To Guide for Creating a Revolution in Speed, will take place on Saturday from 1PM- 2PM, and will be interactive with the audience invited to participate with questions and answers throughout. We will be discussing topics such as safety, construction, design, execution, and working with existing organizations to include electric vehicles in existing events.

The Mt. Washington Auto Road continues its long tradition of supporting automotive innovation and environmental responsibility with the 39th year of the Alt Energy Summit, on September 13 and 14, 2014. Free to the general public, the event is expected to be one of the largest single gatherings of alternative energy vehicles in the country and beyond.

The end goal of EVSR is to build an entire fleet of electric sports racing cars, and host a series. Once a series of EVSRs are built, they will be fully rentable. Custom cars will also be available to purchase.
Entropy Racing began sports car racing in 1989 and began renting cars to clients in 1991. A leader in club racing services for over two decades, Entropy Racing provides services from car prep and delivery to rental race cars, coaching, event management services, fabrication, and just about everything else a club racer could need. For more information on Entropy Racing and EVSR and to inquire about sponsorship packages, visit http://www.entropyracing.net and http://www.evsr.net.
###

8)

I'm seriously considering to come to that event!

I will only have 2 days ( the weekend) and have about 750km to do at 50km/h average combined speed including charging time and running.

I'm figuring out the road I'll use from Quebec using plugshare and the charge stations around that road...

That's not 100% sure but i'll do my best to be there!

Doc

Doctorbass said:
8)

I'm seriously considering to come to that event!

I will only have 2 days ( the weekend) and have about 750km to do at 50km/h average combined speed including charging time and running.

I'm figuring out the road I'll use from Quebec using plugshare and the charge stations around that road...

That's not 100% sure but i'll do my best to be there!

Doc

...and I'll stock up on beer! :lol: Any particular brand?

If you think there's a shot of you making it, the Dr. or anyone else, please feel free to hit the registration page here: http://altenergysummit.org/registration/

registred!

I will contact my friends from LitoGreen Motion with the SORA electric motorcycles to know if they would be interested to join me for the trip ! not so sure they have time but that might be great!

Doc

Hi Ted,

I just left Quebec in direction of Sherbrooke, then tomorrow i should arrive at Mt washington auto road at about the lunch time or before if everything go well.

Doc :wink:

All: Doc made it to Mt. Washington yesterday! I lost track of him somewhere in the process of his recharging and making a run to the top then finding a place to stay. I headed for home as I wasn't feeling that great. Regardless, a fun day!

img_2553.jpg

Ben and Doctor Bass

We had a GREAT weekend! Thanks for making the trip all! I posted a slideshow of the photos here:

http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/mt-washington-alt-e-summit-2014-photo-album/

That was a very great weekend even tough the sun was not with us.

This was a great experience to ride to that place and the very first time i cross the border with my 500 pounds modified Zero. ... and probably not the last one :wink:

Btw i measured how much energy it take to go up that big mountain. Here are teh numbers:

Going up: 2017Wh
Going down: 800Wh of regen!

not bad !

There was snow at the top !!!

When i was st the start weather was ok.. then at about half distance ( 8 miles total) there was rain coming... Damn!! than at 4000 fts that was wind going more intense...

Than at about 5000fts wind was like 60mph burst, plus rain plus about 35F temp !!! plus very step clif down on right side of the road, than road changed to dirt for about 1 mile... Damn !!

Than at the top it was very thick layer of cloud at two different altitude... and snow began !!!! :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF !! I said myself: well it's tome to return NOW !!!

Snow plus strong wind plus wet road plus cold temp is not the perfect match for a safe and confortable ride :lol:

But!.. it was a fabulous experience anyway!

It was really interesting to meet and discuss with all of you guys
Especially meeting TED and BEN !!

So many DIY ev at the same place at the same time!!!

I have missed the race of sunday because i had to return home( I'm working on monday...) but next time i hope to be able to stay more time!

Doc

You know what we say in New Hampshire... if you want an easy run up a mountain, go to Pikes Peak! LOL!

Sunday turned out to be nice and sunny - and only a 70mph wind on the summit! It was a little cold, but a whole bunch of people came, and we had another great day.

Next year's the 40th anniversary, so plan on being there!

Just an FYI - we're trying to go somewhat legit with the email information updates. Sign up here if you want to be included: http://eepurl.com/3uybT

Wow, sounds like a phenomenal event, I hope to get out there one year to join all of you, 40th seems appropriate!

Thanks for the wonderful reporting Ted.

Darren

Back