Boxhill (Dorking) Electric Bike gathering?

Hi Everyone,

I really want to meet other electric bike users, so I've started this discussion. I live in the Redhill, Surrey area, and I'd love to meet up with other electric bike users some time, maybe Rykas Cafe, Boxhill on a Sunday. Maybe there are events already organised for electric bike users somewhere??

Thanks,

Chris

There is a london to brighton bike ride every year. Aimed at normal bikes. Maybe brighton to london, I'm not sure. It is the only big cycle event I know of in the uk, and I'm from the east mids. Perhaps you could tag along with that and others may join?

Quick search..
28th of june, 20th year, have to raise £200 http://capitaltocoast.org.uk/pages/
21st june, 40th year, huge turnout but £40 to help a heart foundation https://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/events/bike-rides/london-to-brighton-bike-ride

It all sounds a bit costly. I bet on the 14th quite a few will turn out.

Hi friendly1uk

That's not really what I had in mind.. I'm talking about people with electric bikes. Something along the lines of a group meet up, people swapping ideas, know how, experiences with electric bikes. This could lead to other people turning up to talk to people with electric bikes etc.. That's the idea anyway.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Im based in NW London, but occasionally visit Brooklands Museum for work. So not too far from Boxhill.

Unfortunately I had a bit of a run-in with a car a little while ago! Car at fault - thankfully. So my electric bike needs some attention, but I am using this as an opportunity to do a few upgrades. The bike works and runs, but now it has a few safety issues i need to address before i use it properly i.e. only the front disc brake is currently working.

I'm planning to do the majority of work by the end of June. Happy to meet before that if the opportunity arises, but would rather meet up once its all been done.

Did you see the post by chilau2000 regarding arranging a ebike meet near Heathrow; it may be worth you getting in contact with him?

Maybe a facebook group for UK ebikers would be a good idea? Much easier to arrange this sort of thing.
Could also help with locating parts, I know I have found it nearly impossible to get certain parts in the UK.

Back