Refuel 2015 at Laguna Seca on June 26th.

Scott

100 W
I've been interested in this event since the first Refuel Event in 2009 when Stevil Knevil prepped his Etek powered Pocketbike and passed inspection. I've watched (YouTube) cool DIY projects like Steve's get out to ride the famous Laguna Seca track and always dreamed some day I'd get a chance too. I actually attended the Refuel Event for the first time last year, a lot of Electric Motorcycles, Karts and Cars but was a little disappointed that there were not very many DIY type of projects like Steve's e-Pocketbike or like the 60+mph electric kickscooter that showed up on the track a couple of years ago. Last year I went with my Bro and brought up our electrified stretched cruisers to ride around but this year my brother couldnt make it so went alone. This time I swallowed my electric pride and rode to the event on my 1200cc Buell Firebolt (3hrs roundtrip on a sportbike... :shock: ) I must say that I think the Refuel Event is losing its luster for the DIY builders, didnt see any real DIY projects out on the track this year. I'm a motorcycle guy so I mainly pay attention to only the motorcycles and its pretty much just BRAMMO and ZERO's going out on the track the last 2 years. I'm hoping to see a couple of electric Victory and Harley bikes on the track next year.

Edit: How did I forget to mention Luke's DIY "Death Bike" build from 2yrs ago, literally an insane bicycle with a ginormous motor keeping up and even passing some of the electric motorcycles. AN INSTANT CLASSIC for the EV-History Books !!!

Attachments

• Laguna_1.jpg
    Laguna_1.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Laguna_2.JPG
    Laguna_2.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Laguna_3.jpg
    Laguna_3.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Laguna_4.jpg
    Laguna_4.jpg