Electric Bike Movie - Eugene OR

W1ll7

1 µW
I'm interested in making an e-bike movie, similar to a mountain bike movie but instead of the tricks it will show off e-bike's speed, and there ability to go up hill. I'm thinking it will sort of be documentary style. I'm looking to get a group of 3-4 people to ride around the trails in Eugene then up the mountains a little. filming should be about 2 days and I think we can split the profits about even if we make any.

I have a 750W mid-drive bike and am looking for some other bikes with similar or higher power but am not picky, home made or bought is good. I was thinking of renting bikes to have some friends help but the local bike rentals only had 300W bikes that they didn't want used in mountains.

This came to mind when I noticed there weren't any e-bike movies, if there is a reason for this I overlooked please let me know.

I'm not sure if it's what you want, but there are lots of videos of ebikes being ridden in various terrain and conditions, many of them published here on ES if you search for "youtube" or "video" or "vid".

In my own threads are some of my trips; Dogman has some of the ebike races in Tucson.

W1ll7 said:
This came to mind when I noticed there weren't any e-bike movies, if there is a reason for this I overlooked please let me know.

Yes, we are still trying to fly under the radar from legislation so we don't get crappy laws like other countries in the EU that limit legal power to 250 watts! haha

I phrased that poorly, but I do think a lot of people are still trying to fly under the radar in most states in the US - especially now that ebikes are on the shitlist of the BLM and getting outright banned in places like Moab.

Back