E-Bike Expo: Ride the Newest E-Bikes in Phoenix

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Bringing Entertainment and Education to Consumers in 2016

A national experiential tour to introduce electric power assist bicycles to consumers on a terrain featured outdoor track. A free event in six different cities, sponsored by Bosch, with more than 50 different e-Bike models to test ride.

Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) October 05, 2015

The First Annual Electric Bike Expo commences in January 2016, launching its six-month, six-city tour to provide thousands of consumers a chance to experience the excitement of riding power-assist electric bicycles on a thrilling test track.

Tour organizer Extra Energy Services North America has executive roots that extend in Europe and Asia and collectively have been responsible for successful advocacy and education about the electric bike industry since the mid-1990s. The company recently launched its new indoor test track experience at Interbike 2015, North America’s largest cycling trade show, with tremendous success.

With Bosch eBike Systems as the presenting sponsor, the tour will visit six bicycle-friendly markets in the United States and allow bicycle dealers and enthusiasts over the age of 16 to test ride a massive selection of electric bikes on a closed loop outdoor circuit featuring specialized terrain to help highlight hill climbing capabilities and the nimble abilities of electric bikes that emulate the feel of a traditional bicycle.

Scheduling

The first tour location will be Tempe, Arizona in conjunction with affiliate sponsor Interbike® and their annual conference for bicycle dealer education. The IBD Summit is scheduled for January 12-14 at the Phoenix Marriott Tempe at the Buttes. The Electric Bike Expo will overlap starting on the 14th and will run through the weekend at Tempe Diablo Stadium. The event opens to the public on Friday afternoon from 3pm to 8pm, Saturday from 9am to 8pm, and Sunday from 9am to 4pm. Additional stops on the tour itinerary include San Diego, CA in February; Houston, TX in March; Palo Alto, CA in April; Portland, OR in May; and Denver, CO in June.

Brands

Over 50 different electric bike models will be featured at the event and available for test rides. Joining Bosch will be the tour track sponsor Trek Bicycles, who is launching its own line of electric bikes throughout North America. Additional brands who have signed on to showcase their bikes include Raleigh, Haibike, Stromer, A2B, Polaris, Felt, iZip, Focus, Gazelle, Kalkhoff, Easy Motion, and BESV. Company representatives will be present to teach each rider how to use the features as well as to answer questions about care and maintenance. These brands will also be joined by equipment and accessory suppliers specializing in electric bike products.

Another unique interactive feature available to the visitors will be the Cargo Bike Experience where riders will be able to test the latest bikes from Yuba, Xtracycle and others. Before entering the track, they will have the option to add boxes of a variety of sizes and weights to the frame to see what it is like to ride with the added freight. The cargo style bike is becoming quite popular with the ability to carry one or more children, a full load of groceries and other goods including pizza deliveries, small packages and mail. The electric motor supplement makes transporting the extra weight a breeze. Several models of cargo e-bikes have been converted into police bikes for local police departments, park rangers and even hotel and resort security units.

eBike Education

The concept of a power-assist bicycle has a long history, and over the last ten to fifteen years has been a dominant transport method in Asia, with more than 37 million electric bikes being produced annually. More recently, Europe has become the second most popular region for the use of e-Bikes as a great urban commuter option. Recent statistics show that more than 600,000 e-Bikes were sold last year in Germany alone.

The legal US definition of an electric bike is based on a traditional bicycle with a battery-powered electric motor that can assist in removing the strain to climb hills and attain speeds up to 20mph. The drive system is primarily activated through pedaling. Many of today’s e-Bikes have capabilities to travel as far as 30 to 40 miles on a single charge, costing as little as $0.07 cents in electricity to recharge the lithium battery packs. With education becoming a key component of the tour, Bosch will also be conducting technical mechanics training at each location for dealers.

Besides the consumer education and entertainment aspect, the tour has an additional motive to reach out to state, city and community officials and push for additional bike-friendly policies that extend to the use of legal electric bikes by commuters and local businesses. Charitable recognition will also feature prominently at the six locations – a selection of one local radio news casting team will compete against a local TV news casting team where they will pick local non-profit organizations to represent. A friendly e-bike based challenge will occur and the winning team will see a $4000 Tempo Electric Bike presented to their charity.

About Extra Energy Services North America: EESNA is a Nevada Corporation made up of the leading experiential marketing and publishing organizations within the electric bicycle and light electric transport marketplace from the US, Europe and Asia. German-based ExtraEnergy.org has been the pioneer of consumer education, testing and advocacy throughout Europe since 1992. Publisher and editor of ElectricBikeReport.com has been the leading news and review source for e-Bikes in North America since 2010 and Raymond Verhelst & Associates brings a team with more than 40 years of combined exhibition and special event experience, along with a strong technical background in LEV transport and rechargeable technology.

About Robert Bosch, LLC: Considered one of the leading technology and services companies in the world, the Bosch Mobility division has become a leader in the electric bicycle drive systems with combined motor, controller and rechargeable battery pack solutions utilizing the company’s advanced engineering and manufacturing experience since 1886.

The world really needs this. Test rides are the single best thing you can provide to sweep away all of the misconceptions that are holding back potential customers.

On January 15th, 16th, and 17th, the Electric Bike Expo will be at the Tempe Diablo Stadium (Phoenix, AZ) with 80+ of the latest electric bikes available for test ride; for FREE!

The Electric Bike Expo is a no sales, no pressure event. Just come out and ride some of the newest electric bikes on the market.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/electri...n-15-17-tickets-19046763382?aff=endlesssphere

You will be able to test ride wide range of e-bike types: beach cruiser, commuter, cargo, mountain bike, folding, and more!

Learn about the Bosch electric bike system; the Expo’s presenting sponsor.

Test ride e-bikes from A2B, BESV, BULLS, Easy Motion, Felt Electric, Focus, Gazelle, Haibike, IZIP, Kalkhoff, Polaris, Raleigh, Stromer, Tempo, Trek, Xtracycle, Yuba.

Electric Bike Expo Exhibitors.png

The Electric Bike Expo will be at the Tempe Diablo Stadium on January 15th, 16th, and 17th.

Make sure you don’t miss an opportunity to learn about and ride a wide variety of the latest electric bikes.

We look forward to seeing you there!

The Electric Bike Expo events will also be in San Diego, Houston, Palo Alto, Portland, and Denver.

More info: http://www.electricbike-expo.com

Already tried to sign up, but your site
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/electric-bike-expo-phoenix-arizona-jan-15-17-tickets-19046763382?aff=EBR
gives this error:
Your session has expired. Try ordering again.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=74681&p=1129158&hilit=expo#p1129158

Since I wasn't "ordering" anything, just trying to "sign in" to register, the error itself doesn't even make any sense.

BTW, for those of us coming on ebikes (like me, who use them as sole personal transportation), will you have 115VAC plugs available for charging? (I'm sure we'll all have our own chargers).

(also, I moved your thread to E-vents forum, which is the best place to post about things like this. ;) )

Hi Amberwolf,

Sorry about the difficulties with that link. Try registering here: http://www.electricbike-expo.com/locations/tempe-arizona/

Glad you will be riding to the event! We will find you and other riders a place to charge.

Also, here is more information on the other locations: San Diego, Houston, Palo Alto, Portland, Denver. http://www.electricbike-expo.com/locations/

Pete

Hello All,

Maybe you would want to schedule your convention during an Electric Bike Expo event? Free test rides of the newest e-bikes from: A2B, BESV, BULLS, Easy Motion, Felt Electric, Focus, Gazelle, Haibike, IZIP, Kalkhoff, Polaris, Raleigh, Stromer, Tempo, Trek, Xtracycle, Yuba.

They are happening January through June: Phoenix in January, San Diego in Feb, Houston in March, Palo Alto in April, Portland in May, Denver in June.

Here is more info: http://www.electricbike-expo.com/locations/

Please let me know if you want more info.

Thanks

Pete

BTW. Pete? (Prebus?)

Choices maybe for ES folks 1) a "six-month, six-city tour" a la Electric Bike Expo format... or 2) ONE (maybe "long"/3-day) combined/distributed EVent held in a bunch of cities spread out... all over?

Not sure where ebike retailers are located really, but for some exhibitors it might mean less traveling to only have to get to one "local"-ish show?

And whole distributed EVent might be bigged-up with roving cameras linked up via remotes displayed at each venue? ("ES TV")

Just a thought.
L

Electric Bike Expo said:
Sorry about the difficulties with that link. Try registering here: http://www.electricbike-expo.com/locations/tempe-arizona/
Um, that page's register link is the same as the one I get the error with, and when used has the same error.

I expect it's some wierd thing about the Eventbrite site itself, incompatible with my browsers/etc. I did try a few, but none of mine are the newest as the computers are too old to run those. Unless you have a manual registration, and can just post here what info you need for that, it doesn't look like I'll be able to register.

Glad you will be riding to the event! We will find you and other riders a place to charge.

Thanks--I don't know who else will go, but there are a number of us around the valley. I'm up in the metrocenter area, so it is quite a ways for me there, and will probably take enough of my range to not let me return under power unless I can recharge first. :)

Given the distance I would probably ride CrazyBike2, as it is a little more efficient than the SB Cruiser trike. We'll see when the time rolls around (I might have to work instead; schedule doesn't get made very far in advance so I won't know till just before).

Hmm... sounds like something I should go to.

And you're pretty close to it, relatively speaking. :)

I'm still working on the logistics of going out there on the trike (carries more battery easier than the bike, but sucks power way worse so has less range with the same battery).

I'm not any good at organizing or noticing what makes for good organizing...though I might notice bad stuff. :)

I'm more likely to be taking detail pics of various things, and promoting ES and answering questions about it (and probably about whichever of my rides I go there on).

(if I can find my old business card paper, and get a printer working, I'll see about printing up a sheet or two of ES forum link cards to bring with me, using one of the designs from the threads about that sort of thing).

amberwolf said:
I'm not any good at organizing or noticing what makes for good organizing...though I might notice bad stuff. :)

I'm more likely to be taking detail pics of various things, and promoting ES and answering questions about it (and probably about whichever of my rides I go there on).

(if I can find my old business card paper, and get a printer working, I'll see about printing up a sheet or two of ES forum link cards to bring with me, using one of the designs from the threads about that sort of thing).

Sounds good! Wasn't looking for anything formal, just general thoughts if something strikes you. :)

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/tempe/article_eaf6de44-b3f6-11e5-82ca-072b21e4df7d.html

http://www.electricbike-expo.com/

Many electric bikes from Interbike 2016 will demo in 6 cities this spring. Tempe AZ up first mid Jan. San Diego, Houston, Palo Alto, Portland, and Denver to follow.

If you live out west, one of these should be close enough to you. Ride the Haibike, or other stuff you could never afford. Ride the electric fat bikes.

I live in Tempe, and that is down the street. Thanks for the shout-out. This should be great fun to see what the big guys are doing.

Bummed man, San Diego event happening while the missus and I celebrate our 4th anniversary (married 16 years) Feb 29, in Hawaii. Oh well, 'guess we'll have to suffer along in Waikiki, haha...

Yeah, there's a thread in E-vents talking about this one already, been asking if anyone else is planning on going. ;)

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=74998

Looks like no way to go on Friday; gotta work. *might* make it Saturday, but unlikely, so if I get to go, it'll be Sunday only. :/

Also, Tiny is sick again, so I might have to bring her with me, to mostly stay in the kennel. If dogs are not allowed even to stay in hte vehicle, I almost certainly can't go.

Hopefully the event organizer will respond back to this thread again before then.

Back