Any VA DC MD E bikers?

Mikebike

100 W
Just looking to meet other E-bikers located in the Washington DC and surrounding areas.
Just got my E cargo bike running and I want to go for rides around the Mt. Vernon trail, Tidal Basin/National Mall, Battlefields, etc.
Hit me back if you are looking for someone in the area to go riding with.
Also, I have a shop with TIG welding, CAD design, CNC, 3D Printing, other capabilities if anyone is looking to get work done in the area.

Hey Mikebike, glad to hear you 've got your ebike up and running. I'm up in southern Pa where a group of of ebikers ride on the local trails. We have ridden the Mt. Vernon, C&O, B&A and some others. We are planning to ride some additional longer trails this summer down in southern Va and WV. Most of us have the capability to cover at least 50 miles if we ride conservatively. Maybe you can join us for a ride after the weather warms up.

Hey, thanks for saying hi!
Love to hook up with you guys.
Got lucky last weekend and went for a ride near DC.
Can't wait for it to be spring

Nice to hear about other central east coast folks.
Me and a friend near Charlottesville VA both have E-Bikes. We usually do some of the off-road trails nearby. It would be great to do some rides with other people!
Shoestring: just how many WHrs do you have to go 50Mi?

Tessy, I am using an allcell 48v 20ah battery with an ebikekit geared hub. I also pedal along and do not run WFO (max power) very often. Speeds are usually around 14-17mph, a nice steady cruise. with only occasional blasts. I dont think it would go that far without adding some assist but I'm not sure. I've never run it down untill it shuts off. The local trail I ride on is high in elavation in the middle, so half of our usual ride is down hill. One ride we did (Lehigh Gorge Trail) is pretty flat. 53 mile round trip- Jim Thrope ,Pa to Whitehaven, Pa and return. very light pedaling (injured knee) fuul charge 54.6 to start 47.9v at the finish. 14.6mph average. Speed kills! (the battery , that is)

Back