(AUS) Hunter Valley EV festival August

Samd

10 MW
Hi all,
hoping to see some familiar faces there.

http://www.hunterevfestival.net/

Yes, me too. I know for sure Hyena will be champing at the bit to get on track for the 1500 class to see if he can win it this time. Just needs two things to happen:
1. His bike to not fall apart or break for 10 laps (am sure he won't make this mistake again);
2. Stay upright and hope to not make a mistake.

Although I won the 1500 class last time on a standard Stealth Fighter, I suspect my days are numbered. But anything can happen on a race-track. http://store.quietrush.com.au/blog/...e-to-race-a-stealth-fighter-on-a-gokart-track. Hope we get to see a few ES members turning up, it's Australia's best EV event and conveniently located at Newcastle.

Seriously, it's a great event, seeing what the high schoolers build for their racing classes from scratch, getting in amongst the many exhibitors that attend and seeing state of the art EVs up close that we don't see that much of in Australia eg Tesla, Renault Twizy, etc. Get up close to the details and find out more at http://www.hunterevfestival.net/
419397671.jpg

QuietRush said:
Yes, me too. I know for sure Hyena will be champing at the bit to get on track for the 1500 class to see if he can win it this time. Just needs two things to happen:
1. His bike to not fall apart or break for 10 laps (am sure he won't make this mistake again);
2. Stay upright and hope to not make a mistake.
Listen to this tough guy, racing a stock bike someone else built :p
If I finish building mine before Friday night I'll have slightly more confidence that No. 1 will be less of an issue but I definitely won't be going hard enough for No. 2 to come into play. I'm keen for a blast around the track but will be taking it easy so won't be in the running for a podium finish knowing the other bikes.

Although I won the 1500 class last time on a standard Stealth Fighter, I suspect my days are numbered.
Yeah I'm taking it easy and playing it sensible but the rest of Team Hyena won't be. See ya up the back :p

Seriously, it's a great event
For sure, it's a top event, not just for all the kids involved but all the spectators and other participants. I wish there was something like this around when I was a kid!! And needless to say bringing back the 1500 class is very good news. I'm sure numbers will be up over last years midweek misadventure too.

So this is kicking off tomorrow.
Can we do a roll call ?
I know the below will be riding in the 1500 class. Anyone else coming out to play ?

Hyena
Quiet Rush
SamD
Sketchism
Matt E
Grinhill

Nice roll call - great to see some extra faces rocking up this year to take part and try their luck.

Point taken. But yes, it was also nice to jump on, ride a standard COTS Stealth Fighter with no mods and take the win. For potential customers, that's a nice turn-key experience. Suspect we'll be keeping each other company a bit more this year, looks like lots of fresh new skin waiting to be claimed. I'll have 3 kids to juggle solo this year, so not even sure I'll make it onto to the track yet. Regardless, I'll be enjoying the action :)

QuietRush said:
Point taken. But yes, it was also nice to jump on, ride a standard COTS Stealth Fighter with no mods and take the win.
Oh yeah I'm just stirring :) For sure it's a great advertisement for stealth - winning on as well as off road. Unlike most of my other stable of bikes which is always in flux (pardon the pun!) as I test new motors, batteries etc my stealth fighter was always reliable and ready to go at a seconds notice. I know there'll be a few stealths there but we may see less on the track this time with the new requirement for entrants to be licensed motorcycle riders (I'm guessing for insurance reasons). Alot of us have a cross-over motorcycle background but I'm guessing more than half the stealth owners out there aren't licensed riders.

I'll have 3 kids to juggle solo this year, so not even sure I'll make it onto to the track yet. Regardless, I'll be enjoying the action :)
Hopefully you can get SOME track time in - it'd be disappointing not to. Team Hyena/ES will have a pretty well set up gazebo this year (thanks sketch!) with a crew of people hanging around who won't be riding so I'm sure there'll be a few people to keep an eye on your kids if needs be. Anyone who doesn't have charred burnt off finger tips can probably be trusted to keep a few kids alive for 10 minutes while we hit the track :lol:
Failing that I have duct tape and cable ties if you want to make sure they'll be exactly where you left them :p

For those who are curious to know what the race is like from the riders perspective, I've put up full race footage from rider briefing, warm up lap to race end and track exit. Should give you a feel for what it's like from the back end of the pack..awesome race this year, but it's got me thinking some more about homologation to keep it a more level playing field to keep the racing closer and more interesting.
[youtube]zWReYGCqZXA[/youtube]

In case the preview fails, go see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWReYGCqZXA

I went to this event, it was pretty interesting. The 1500 event looks pretty scary considering the power and speed involved with so many tight turns. Definitely suited to experienced motorcycle racers.

Back