A ride through the flat, Dutchy forests

Use this forum to post up events, rally, conventions, get-together, etc. for anything related to the e-vehicle world (e-bike, car, motorcycle, etc). Guest may post replies to topics without the need to register. All topics here expire after 1 year of inactivity.
Bbeforeart   10 mW

10 mW

A ride through the flat, Dutchy forests

Post by Bbeforeart » Dec 31 2017 9:53am

Since there is currently no activity regarding Dutch e-vents, I considered starting one soon through this topic. I'm recalling all Dutch and even Belgium Endless Sphere members to collect and have a fun ride at various places.

I live in the southern part of the Netherlands, close to the Belgian border. This area contains a LOT of nature areas which is ideal for this activity. We will discuss in this topic where exactly it is going to take place, but this is just a guideline.

Throw in your ideas underneeth here. Feel free to suggest things to do, everything is welcome!

PS: I am willing to travel if this is needed, since we are the minority in this country who likes this great hobby!

Looking forward to our meeting!

Lebowski   1 GW

1 GW

Re: A ride through the flat, Dutchy forests

Post by Lebowski » Dec 31 2017 1:49pm

I used to live there, in Veldhoven. (worked at the NatLab)

I remember once i also was into offroad cycling, lasted about 2 months. Got me a nice (affordable) mountainbike and went through the forest south of Waalre (there was a nice lake there). Got home and later took a shower. When toweling dry i found a tick eating its way into my leg. In the car to the Veldhoven hospital emergency room I went where they took it out and gave me two tetanus shots. That was the last time I went offroading thorugh the high grass.

Here in CH i still off road but only on wide forest roads making sure I do not touch any tall grass.

Warren   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Warren » Dec 31 2017 4:00pm

Lebowski wrote:
Dec 31 2017 1:49pm
In the car to the Veldhoven hospital emergency room I went where they took it out and gave me two tetanus shots. That was the last time I went off roading through the high grass.
You wouldn't last long in Virginia. My wife likes to garden, and typically digs out several dozen every summer, with one of these.

https://www.tickedoff.com

She did end up in the intensive care ward for over a week, some years ago with ehrlichiosis.

Bbeforeart   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Bbeforeart » Jan 05 2018 6:46am

Lebowski wrote:
Dec 31 2017 1:49pm
I used to live there, in Veldhoven. (worked at the NatLab)

I remember once i also was into offroad cycling, lasted about 2 months. Got me a nice (affordable) mountainbike and went through the forest south of Waalre (there was a nice lake there). Got home and later took a shower. When toweling dry i found a tick eating its way into my leg. In the car to the Veldhoven hospital emergency room I went where they took it out and gave me two tetanus shots. That was the last time I went offroading thorugh the high grass.

Here in CH i still off road but only on wide forest roads making sure I do not touch any tall grass.
Hi Lebowski,

Suprising, that you've lived like 6 miles away from my town! I bike near the lake every day, for commuting towards school.(the lake is called ''het gat van Waalre'' though, haha). Right now, the lake is surrounded with newbuild houses. Next time, stay out of the grass and hit the dirt, there is enough of forests in this area to explore ;) PM me if you're heading back sometime, if you're in for a ride around here!

Regards.

bionicon   100 W

100 W

Post by bionicon » Jan 31 2018 12:40pm

You can count me in.....from Belgium :D

smurphy   10 W

10 W

Post by smurphy » Feb 01 2018 4:17pm

Yep, count me in :-) I'm from Meise.
Qulbix Q76R QS205 Sabvoton 72150, Qulbix Q76R, QS205 Max-E. Bafang BBSHD. 14S6P GA pack. Zero DSR 2016.

Bbeforeart   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Bbeforeart » Mar 30 2018 8:22am

bionicon wrote:
Jan 31 2018 12:40pm
You can count me in.....from Belgium :D
Sorry for the late reply, but in which town/city do you currently live?

It is starting to get better weather, so I'm in for a ride soon

smurphy   10 W

10 W

Post by smurphy » Mar 30 2018 9:56am

Bbeforart, we have an "event" this saturday in Belgium, near Leuven. PM if interested, so i can send you some info. We have started a private group (Lithium Power Bikes Belgium) on Facebook. Feel free to join.
Qulbix Q76R QS205 Sabvoton 72150, Qulbix Q76R, QS205 Max-E. Bafang BBSHD. 14S6P GA pack. Zero DSR 2016.

Bbeforeart   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Bbeforeart » Apr 05 2018 1:45am

Dear Smurphy,

Did you have a nice ride?

I've just read your reply by now. Unfortunately I work on every saturday, so that was not possible either.

I'll definitely join the Belgium group, thanks for the heads up!

Regards,

Bart

ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW

Post by ridethelightning » Apr 05 2018 4:10am

subd